• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I missed the Leeds game with it, but could have quite easily caught it at the Watford match the week before.

I missed the Leeds game with it, but could have quite easily caught it at the Watford match the week before.
The only place I've been in the last few days of any consequence is Molineux. Wife and kids don't have it, so very likely I got it there.

Fella next to darlo in the sb missed arsenal palace & watford with it. Good on him for isolating!

I’ve been all over the past few weeks; not even got a slight cough 🤷🏻‍♂️

I haven't tested positive for it either. I had a god awful flu the end of January and it knocked me off my feet for a week, I tested myself every day and was negative each day.

Maybe I just wasn't a good host to infect others.

Mrs TH and I both had it last month. I'd already had a bad cold for a week when I caught it (from her) - the cold just sort of repeated itself for another week. Worst for me was the coughing - couldn't stop for a few days/nights. Same for Mrs, who got a lot of pain from it. Most of the symptoms cleared up after a week or so, and we were both -ve after 5 or 6 days, but, unlike a normal cold, the dregs hung around for a good few weeks - mostly the odd coughing fit for me; mostly cattarh for her. Not nice, but not something I'd worry too much about either.

If you're someone who's had it more than once, was the second time any different from the first?

Mrs TH and I both had it last month. I'd already had a bad cold for a week when I caught it (from her) - the cold just sort of repeated itself for another week. Worst for me was the coughing - couldn't stop for a few days/nights. Same for Mrs, who got a lot of pain from it. Most of the symptoms cleared up after a week or so, and we were both -ve after 5 or 6 days, but, unlike a normal cold, the dregs hung around for a good few weeks - mostly the odd coughing fit for me; mostly cattarh for her. Not nice, but not something I'd worry too much about either.

If you're someone who's had it more than once, was the second time any different from the first?
I've had it twice and the second time was definitely worse. Had it just before Christmas and I felt ill for a day or so and that was it, fine after that. Had it a second time last week and it really knocked me about for 4 or 5 days. Headache, sneezing, vile cough and dry throat, aches and shivering.

I've had it twice and the second time was definitely worse. Had it just before Christmas and I felt ill for a day or so and that was it, fine after that. Had it a second time last week and it really knocked me about for 4 or 5 days. Headache, sneezing, vile cough and dry throat, aches and shivering.
Could the second bout that you had be a different strain? The first one was possibly the Omicron version which was considered mild.

Could the second bout that you had be a different strain? The first one was possibly the Omicron version which was considered mild.
I don't think a new variant has emerged since Omicron, which is 100% prevalent in the UK. Could it be due to time since having a jab? Immunity wanes after a few months, I think (although I thought the disease provided better immunity than the jab). I guess viral load could play a part, too.

I don't think a new variant has emerged since Omicron, which is 100% prevalent in the UK. Could it be due to time since having a jab? Immunity wanes after a few months, I think (although I thought the disease provided better immunity than the jab). I guess viral load could play a part, too.
I must be getting mixed up then. I thought I heard about a new one called Delta X. I cannot be bothered to research, too confusing for an old head like mine.

I don't think a new variant has emerged since Omicron, which is 100% prevalent in the UK.
The Omicon has 2 variants. 2nd one appeared early this year and spreads quicker apparently.

The Omicon has 2 variants. 2nd one appeared early this year and spreads quicker apparently.
That's right, BA2, but I'm not sure it's any more severe. Half the reports say it is and half say it's not. 🤷‍♂️

Spreads quicker seems to be the consensus. The HK problems show the lack of severity of omicron is probably actually acquired immunity partially too.

Spreads quicker seems to be the consensus. The HK problems show the lack of severity of omicron is probably actually acquired immunity partially too.
A bit, but probably mostly vaccination - HK's vaccination rates for people over 60 are much worse than a lot of Western countries, and their hospitalisations/deaths in that group are astonishing.

From what I've been reading it seems that omicron is actually about as dangerous as the OG strain. Delta was a jump in severity and omicron was a fall again back down to where it was before, but with much higher transmissibility. Supposedly, for unvaccinated people omicron is nearly as contagious as measles.

I tested positive ten days ago, returned negative tests within a week and the typical symptoms have all gone, but I'm completely shot. Went for our standard walk yesterday and was completely gassed within 20 minutes. Not at all fun.

Sorry, yes I meant acquiring immunity either via vaccination or infection. Their death rate is higher than ours pre-vaccination, would indicate omicron isn't that less severe.
A bit, but probably mostly vaccination - HK's vaccination rates for people over 60 are much worse than a lot of Western countries, and their hospitalisations/deaths in that group are astonishing.

From what I've been reading it seems that omicron is actually about as dangerous as the OG strain. Delta was a jump in severity and omicron was a fall again back down to where it was before, but with much higher transmissibility. Supposedly, for unvaccinated people omicron is nearly as contagious as measles.

Back