• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

My wife finally caught it a month ago. Tested negative from day nine onwards but is still feeling the effects. She still has a slight cough, cold-like symptoms and a bit of a sore throat but the worst symptom she has is fatigue. Takes us almost twice as long to do our regular daily walk and is really struggling with inclines. She usually has the energy of a Tasmanian Devil.
9 days! I'm raging this morning cos I'm still testing positive after 4...I haven't got time to faff about, I've got a life to live.
I realise that technically I don't need to isolate any more but my morality gene won't let me out till I've tested -
grrrr

Seven days in, slowly running out of things to do within the confines of my house and garden.

Interesting though to see the mental health impact of this playing out now. Despite encouragement and what should be the obvious relief at now having had this damn thing and come through it, I’m not sure they’re ready to return to the way things used to be.
Similar to my folks. Would always be off on holiday or have one booked. They have lost all interest now.

9 days! I'm raging this morning cos I'm still testing positive after 4...I haven't got time to faff about, I've got a life to live.
I realise that technically I don't need to isolate any more but my morality gene won't let me out till I've tested -
grrrr
Yes, we suffer from that gene too.

Tested positive this morning. 10 days to get in shape for Villa. I hope to be back in light training by the start of next week (grumbling under my croaky breath about a hapless referee on the telly) before one full contact session Friday (shouting at a hapless ref on the telly). I’m unlikely to make the full 90 Saturday, but the latest product from my academy should be able to replace my yelling at the clown with the whistle from about 60 minutes. My daughter has been putting in some encouraging cameos on that front of late.

Blimey. Dropping like flies. Starting to think you must be able to catch it when you log in.

Is there anyone on here who hasn’t got it? I’m clear after picking it up at the Southampton game.

It's inevitable most people will catch it at some point, there are no restrictions, you don't have to isolate at all now if you have it.
In a few weeks time when the test kits run out, you won't even know you've got it unless it makes you poorly enough to into hospital.

tested clear twice over the weekend!
Had it in january mind, so would've been annoyed with a positive result.
Noticed it is sweeping around people at work. Apparently one dept had a delayed xmas party last week, and virtually everyone there has it now!
* cynical standard week off work comment *

If I've had it over not known about it and not tested positive at any point.

The wife has but neither me or kids have.

I've still never had it yet.

A guy I played snooker with last night just tested positive this morning. I'd be expecting to get it from that, but my immune system is very strong (I have the auto-immune disease Ulcerative Colitis) and myself and my mum have never had any of the common childhood diseases whatsoever.

I've still never had it yet.

A guy I played snooker with last night just tested positive this morning. I'd be expecting to get it from that, but my immune system is very strong (I have the auto-immune disease Ulcerative Colitis) and myself and my mum have never had any of the common childhood diseases whatsoever.
Not necessarily, my missus hasn't got it and although we don't get as close as we used to 😝 we spend about 18 hours a day in close proximity

I might have had it previously. I've had two or three "colds" but never bothered testing myself as it was over in 48 hours.

It took 8 days for me to return a negative test. I tried my first on day 6 which was last Saturday.

Felt ‘OK’ for the first 6 hours of my first positive test. Not so clever for the last couple though and woken up to find half TWF have it. Must have been something in the Bovril Friday.

Back