• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

git you beat me! I was in a mini race with you... :D
Ha!
In and out in less than a minute.
However they are holding people for 15 mins to see if there are any reactions
I now have my vaccination card ready for travel in a few weeks, but still have to have around 4 covid tests before I fly and when I am there

Yup the FDA have just issued for the vaccine to be suspended. I spoke to the pharmacy manager about it and she said 6 cases in close to 7m doses.
They did state the % is like 0.085. They ask and advise if you have had reactions in the past to any vaccine or clotting

Do we know how many cases of the clotting thing have been found in people who have had the Pfizer jab? I mean its not really relevant in any of the vaccines as its so low but would be interesting to know if its a thing with all vaccines.

Pfizer appears to be the king of vaccines, no clotting, minimal if any side effects (the flu-type symptoms some have had with AZ), the best efficacy rate, but storing it is a real pain in the arse.

yeah, if i could choose one i would take the pfizer one

The Moderna one is based on the same technology as Pfizer so is probably also as good. mRNA technology is obviously the way forward (whatever that is!)

J&J and AstraZeneca are similar as far as I remember so there may be something similar between them that causes the rare clotting side effect?

Neither solve the problem long term as they are controlled by rapacious profit takers. Only AZ gets us out of this, unless other go not for profit too.

I got the Janssen vaccine so if I stop posting in the next *checks watch* 1 to 5 days, it's because I had an aneurysm.

Spreading to who, though?

Cases are an irrelevance if they aren't causing spikes in hospitalisations, ICU capacity and/or deaths.

And if people are still highly at risk, then they shouldn't be nipping down the garden centre or the pub.
Depends on the variant. Some of the London SA cases are in vaccinated people. If the Brazilian one gets here then we might all be susceptible.

The Moderna one is based on the same technology as Pfizer so is probably also as good. mRNA technology is obviously the way forward (whatever that is!)

J&J and AstraZeneca are similar as far as I remember so there may be something similar between them that causes the rare clotting side effect?
Yeah Moderna should be about the same as Pfizer

Depends on the variant. Some of the London SA cases are in vaccinated people. If the Brazilian one gets here then we might all be susceptible.
But are they just testing positive, or getting so ill they need to get to hospital?

Because if it's the former, it's irrelevant.

I don't know, it's a genuine question.

But are they just testing positive, or getting so ill they need to get to hospital?

Because if it's the former, it's irrelevant.

I don't know, it's a genuine question.
Experts say that this variant of concern - along with a few others - may be able to get round some of the protection offered by vaccines or previous Covid infection, although existing jabs should still work to stop severe illness. (BBC)

But any spread increases the potential for mutation, so would be better avoided. And, as I say, it looks as though the Brazilian one is a nasty bastard.

If it mutates to evade vaccines anywhere in the world we're boned when we come out of lockdown anyway.

If it mutates to evade vaccines anywhere in the world we're boned when we come out of lockdown anyway.
Not sure about this. Once we have a base to work from, couldn't we just do an annual vaccine a la influenza?

Granted, I'm about the furthest thing from an expert in the field.

Pfizer appears to be the king of vaccines, no clotting, minimal if any side effects (the flu-type symptoms some have had with AZ), the best efficacy rate, but storing it is a real pain in the arse.
The AZ symptoms seem to appear after the first dose with minimal after the second. With the Pfizer one, people have the reactions after the second dose. At least in my anecdotal evidence. I have spoken to 30 odd people who have had second doses of both.

Blood clots seem to be the AZ type vaccines though but the rates are so low the benefits outway them 100 fold.

I got the Janssen vaccine so if I stop posting in the next *checks watch* 1 to 5 days, it's because I had an aneurysm.
You need to post on this site every hour for the next 5 days, it's the only way to be safe. Any problems, a moderator (or admin) can call America and say that Alan needs help. We've got your back, brother.

Back