• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cost of Living

I still have the clippers I bought during lockdown so I tend to alternate between my wife doing my hair and going to the barbers (usually when I take my son for a haircut).

The ones round here are always busy to be fair and the place I go is friendly and they do a good job.

They seem self-sufficient as legitimate businesses although it’s pretty obvious tax evasion is part of the game. HMRC aren’t exactly going to see too much of the true turnover.
Most barbers are self-employed and rent the chairs I believe?

The ones round here are always busy to be fair and the place I go is friendly and they do a good job.

They seem self-sufficient as legitimate businesses although it’s pretty obvious tax evasion is part of the game. HMRC aren’t exactly going to see too much of the true turnover.

Same for mine, whenever I go in, all three chairs are full and there's people waiting. I have the full business, hot towel, nose wax etc, costs £25, takes 45 minutes, cash only and no chat. They're definitely making good money, but they've got a good offering and do good work.

Spent a vast majority of my working life in that situation especially during the Thatcher years.

Two new current account switching offers are now live

Lloyds and NatWest

A few hundred pounds on offer for not a lot of effort.

Edit. And if anyone is interested in getting a free share through an investment platform offer let me know.

Stake?

I had the same offer with them.

FreeTrade - £50 deposit (don't need to invest it) gets you a share between £10-100, which can then be sold

Trading212 we're doing it for a quid but their offer has ended.

I'll happily supply a code for FreeTrade if you want one

Yeah, to be honest if I remember when my mortgage finished in 2012 I was paying about £30 a month, I respect your pain.

Mr Labour talking throwing out some real Tory vibes lately. 👀

Back