• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cost of Living

Err no, it’s more to do with having gas pre-reg flowing into your house is a really bad idea.
So why did I have to move my electric meter to an outside wall when I built my extension ?

So why did I have to move my electric meter to an outside wall when I built my extension ?
Depends when you built it I guess on the specific reason, but having any utility supply terminate outside your house is just better for many reasons.

Depends when you built it I guess on the specific reason, but having any utility supply terminate outside your house is just better for many reasons.
Yeh £1100 to fit a new fuse and meter 900mm away from the original was a kicker, the blokes did it live though so all credit to them !

Worth doing it every month or better still get a smart meter fitted to do it for you.
I thought exactly the same until I had a third party company reading my smart meters a couple of weeks ago.

I thought exactly the same until I had a third party company reading my smart meters a couple of weeks ago.
Think they have to do a check read every 18 months.

Think they have to do a check read every 18 months.
Took them the best part of years to check these then. Not that I'm bothered either way as it took seconds but they're obviously not that smart.

our meters are inside, and we provide monthly readings.
still a fucker though, the increase is equal to the bill we were paying when we moved in during summer 2014. that's some inflation!

Had E.On out to install smart meters on Friday, but the box the mains electricity comes into the house in is made of asbestos apparently so they couldn't touch it 😒

5p off a litre. Not sure it'll make that much difference myself, and cynically expect the petrol suppliers to swallow that reduction and keep it for themselves, blaming ongoing "price fluctuations".

5p off a litre. Not sure it'll make that much difference myself, and cynically expect the petrol suppliers to swallow that reduction and keep it for themselves, blaming ongoing "price fluctuations".
That's the thing, what if the prices at the pump don't go down, what does he do then?

It was a weak move.

He's only giving* back the difference in VAT for a price at the pumps of £1.70 per litre and £1.40 per litre. In theory it isn't costing the Treasury anything unless prices begin to decline.

He's only giving* back the difference in VAT for a price at the pumps of £1.70 per litre and £1.40 per litre. In theory it isn't costing the Treasury anything unless prices begin to decline.
If prices decline then I bet the rate goes back up

His speech was noticeable in how little support he had from the back benches and how easy it got taken apart from the impressive Reeves.

I thought Starmer was woeful at PMQ's, Johnson stumped him on Q1 and he couldn't go off script. The more I see the more I think he's not a leader but a great deputy.

If prices decline then I bet the rate goes back up

His speech was noticeable in how little support he had from the back benches and how easy it got taken apart from the impressive Reeves.

I thought Starmer was woeful at PMQ's, Johnson stumped him on Q1 and he couldn't go off script. The more I see the more I think he's not a leader but a great deputy.
Been thinking the same, was quite encouraged when he became leader but he's been shit imo. He doesn't seem to be able to make anything stick, with this lot he should be having a field day.

Still think he might lead Labour to a win at the next GE but it'll more to how much the Govt are hated rather than how much he's liked.

That's the thing, what if the prices at the pump don't go down, what does he do then?

It was a weak move.
Apparently loads of retailers factored in a 3p increase yestrday/today to mitigate.
Meaning zero impact in real terms.

Apparently loads of retailers factored in a 3p increase yestrday/today to mitigate.
Meaning zero impact in real terms.
Would explain the 3p increase here yesterday despite it being 10 days since wholesale costs started to fall.

Only petrol station here that reduced prices is the Shell that went up to 198.9 for Diesel. Fell 25p the beginning of thr week but now sitting at 181.9

Back