• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cost of Living

Just had our Shrewsbury Tax bill drop, up to £2030.00 which is £8.00 p/m increase on what we pay now. Meanwhile the town has never been such a shit hole as it is now while Shrewsbury spend millions on their vanity projects, we have pensioners picking up litter and weeding, no Police and 3rd world roads

Just had our Shrewsbury Tax bill drop, up to £2030.00 which is £8.00 p/m increase on what we pay now. Meanwhile the town has never been such a shit hole as it is now while Shrewsbury spend millions on their vanity projects, we have pensioners picking up litter and weeding, no Police and 3rd world roads
We get what we vote for sadly.

Probably yes. More people and more income meaning that bills are reduced?

That was my thinking, with stuff like highways or refuse your services must be much more cost effective in a reduced area with a high usage. Compare that to some rural areas where you've got miles and miles of roads without any houses anywhere near, that's a big extra tab to pick up.

That was my thinking, with stuff like highways or refuse your services must be much more cost effective in a reduced area with a high usage. Compare that to some rural areas where you've got miles and miles of roads without any houses anywhere near, that's a big extra tab to pick up.
Possibly, although it also means more crime, more libraries, more schools too. I'm surprised it's vastly different.

Possibly, although it also means more crime, more libraries, more schools too. I'm surprised it's vastly different.

Some things scale. Be much cheaper to build and maintain say 5 large libraries to cater for a 50000 people in one area opposed to 10 or 15 small libraries in separate towns miles apart from one another.

It's an argument that's so tone deaf. Like I get it to a degree, especially if there's child care costs and stuff, but if you've basically got £2k a month in pocket money then you shouldn't be phoning the fucking radio. There's people on £30k who work just as hard as that, will have far more to say on struggle

Last edited:
follows on from the chancellor not only suggesting this, but then doubling down on it over the weekend.

They can afford a cheap holiday every fortnight let alone every year

follows on from the chancellor not only suggesting this, but then doubling down on it over the weekend.
That was him shamelessly trying to hang on to his Surrey seat. Even here, it won't be a vote winner.

Ouch. Car insurance renewal £943.80. Was £480.25 last year.

Might be able to trim some off with a different company but wowzer, virtually 100% increase.

Ouch. Car insurance renewal £943.80. Was £480.25 last year.

Might be able to trim some off with a different company but wowzer, virtually 100% increase.
I had a similar increase quote (%) earlier this year. With a bit of a search I got a similar policy for not much more than last years.

Back