• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crusaders (H) 25-07 Build Up

We're safe where we sit, just hope it stays dry while we're walking around because I'm in my shorts and t-shirt for tomorrow night. Fuck jeans and stuff in that heat.

Wait is there actually a chance it’s going to rain?

I really don’t want to have to carry a jacket or anything with me all day so I’m gonna just hope for the best in my t-shirt and shorts!!

I'm going in Wolves top & shorts regardless.

I don't think I've ever worn shorts to an evening game before.

Burton?

Again no impact up our way. Apart from it being bloody cold.
Weird weather. Chucked it down with snow 10 mins before kickoff and they had to come out with shovels and clear the penalty box lines in front of the South Bank.

It ain't just the NB, remember getting very wet in the South Bank (temp stand side) in the past. Graham Hughes won't be any fun either.

Wonder if the club will provide white plastic ponchos like they used to at Swindon many moons ago.

You would be mad to do otherwise. If it happens, we get wet, but it will be so fucking hot it would be insane to bother with protecting against it. Plus any rain will be warm as fuck.

It's like a 15% chance according to the BBC. I'd take your chances.

I will not be wearing shorts though as I don't wish to appear mentally unstable.

Thursday is the day the heat will peak, but there will also be the threat of some big downpours and thunderstorms. Should any storms start to develop in eastern and central parts earlier in the day, temperatures may not reach record-breaking levels, but at this point, that looks unlikely. By mid-afternoon, temperatures are therefore set to widely climb into the thirties in central and eastern regions, with maxes of 38-39c likely in the east and southeast.

Further west, there is a risk of some showers and thunderstorms developing from the south fairly early in the day, but this isn't certain. By the afternoon or evening though, there are likely to be some storms and downpours affecting western regions. That threat then starts to extend further east during the evening and overnight. Some very lively storms and torrential downpours are possible with plenty of energy in the atmosphere for them to tap in to at this point.

(Straight from the Met Office)

Oops!

Couldn't get that far back, could be getting wet!

I will not be wearing shorts though as I don't wish to appear mentally unstable.

Not a problem Andy - if we get wet we get wet.

Not wearing shorts, but the hiking trousers I have can turn into those as the bottom half of the legs are only held on with zips - best of both worlds

I really don’t want to have to carry a jacket or anything with me all day so I’m gonna just hope for the best in my t-shirt and shorts!!
Chance it, imagine it will still be warm enough to dry you off anyway.

Right to complain about it being too hot forfeited.

Shorts are fine, as long as you don't wear socks and sandals!

Socks and sandals are only acceptable with a long trouser.

Socks and sandals are only acceptable with a long trouser.

These are only acceptable if you were born before WW2. Anyone younger than that seen wearing such will be banished by time machine to the first half of the last century.

These are only acceptable if you were born before WW2. Anyone younger than that seen wearing such will be banished by time machine to the first half of the last century.
Meh, then they won't know the versatile freedom such a combo offers

I am finishing work at 2.30.

STILL waiting to be sodding paid (I feel like a member of staff at fucking Notlob) but assuming that is sorted it should be a very good afternoon and evening.

Only concern is the forecast for potential monster storms during the game. Would look amazing but would rather we (and the teams) didn't get fried.

Remember a tremendous storm with lightning when we played Halifax back in 87ish.

Lost 1-0 #cyberomen

Back