• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace 3-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Sorrt lads, but none of this matters anymore, i just got attacked by a wild boar coming home from my aftermatch shopping trip. Pavlos 1 wild boar 0, a close match but fuck kilman, i now have the absolute perfect defence when weaponless and attacked by a wild boar.
Sorry kenny but i couldn't think where else to put this, p.s. once i got home i started laughing, about 10 something, and obviously from excess adrenilin, am still laughing now.

How many times have you seen him do that exact same mistake? He's a liability.

He was lucky today, it's cost him numerous times in the past and will in the future. He's not capable of playing the way we want him to.
So don't ask him to do it. He's our goalkeeper for at least the next few months, stop asking him to do things he can't. Sa is what he is, I'd have happily moved on from him, but continuing to play this way is bonkers

Finally back in Wolverhampton, Palace never gets easier such a shit hole with a shit view and the game well just pretty shit overall. Called it at half time that despite being in the game and causing them issues at times we would give shit goals away, most goals are because of an error but our players keep making the same ones over and over.

I think we’ve got big issues all over the place yet still think we’ll stay up easily because of how bad various other sides are. Issues for me start with the manager who is so inexperienced and showed that today, we haven’t got time really for him to grow into the role, he’s got to show he can do it here and now and although we have tough games coming up we need points no matter the opposition.

Away from the manager i think the back 4 are a big issue for whoever was manager, they just can’t seem to be good for 90 minutes and are so easy to play against far too often. Semedo and Kilman are aggressive at times and then bang weak as piss, passive and goals are conceded. We also need to stop with the passing round at the back, it’s passing it for passing sake and ends up to often with Sa playing a wank pass or the centre halves just aimlessly clipping it to no one.

That midfield 2 while hard working doesn’t progress the ball enough or with any speed if they do. Have to think about how we mix that up, when Cunha dropped so deep against Utd it worked but their midfield was passive too, we’ve not come up against a midfield so easy to bypass since and so have struggled.

Sarabia is a passenger in this league, we know there’s a footballer in there but not when you can’t get about. No idea why he was hugging the touchline so much. Neto just has to be an old fashioned winger on todays game, get a yard and whip it in. Really basic but without doubt our best chance of scoring right now, we do look a threat when good crosses are put in to the box.

Front 2 are a bit of an issue too, Fabio starts games horrifically and takes 15/20 minutes to warm up. Thought he linked up well with Neto for a 15 minute spell in the first half when we got it to feet but then we stopped doing that and started clipping it out for goal kicks or at centre backs again. He’s not a pin the centre back type of striker and struggles when he does it right now and there’s no point him running in behind as we have no one to play that ball. Cunha also been really poor in the last 2 games and worse than Fabio for me just for his lack of movement off the ball, goal can’t paper over the rest of his performance. Just didn’t show enough for the ball and hid at times when we had the ball in tight areas at the back and just not an option. Ayew volleyed chance came from a clipped ball in to him that he just didn’t react to and was far too easily beaten.

Sasa has to play after the break and i’d back Cunha to come good again so i’d go with that front 2. We will need the ball to stick against Liverpool and Sasa will hopefully do that and bring others in to play. Think the back four needs freshening up too, can’t stick with that 4 today because we’re just waiting for the mistakes to happen. No idea on the new signings as I’ve barely seen anything of them but if Bellegarde can give us a ball carrier from deeper positions then he needs to play.

As i said towards the start i think we’ll stay up but this is going to be a long season unless Bueno is a world beater who revolutionises the back 4.

I take it this WUM post? That’s the difference they were better in both boxes so deserved the win.
Bit like Dean Smith in 2014 after beat Walsall 3-0 saying we weren’t much better other than the fact we were better in the attacking and defensive 3rd well that’s about 33.3% better and very significant.

No.

For all of the people that are saying GO is shite (and I'm not saying you are wrong), with this group of players what would you do differently? Because the problems we have are that we can't score so if we set up to try to create and score more we look like a car crash at the back. So we can set up not to concede and be as ineffective and dull as fuck going forward. Whichever we choose is going to lead to shit, so what as the manager would you do? If today and last week are anything to go by GO does neither option, but the Man Utd game we at least were entertaining to watch.

For all of the people that are saying GO is shite (and I'm not saying you are wrong), with this group of players what would you do differently? Because the problems we have are that we can't score so if we set up to try to create and score more we look like a car crash at the back. So we can set up not to concede and be as ineffective and dull as fuck going forward. Whichever we choose is going to lead to shit, so what as the manager would you do? If today and last week are anything to go by GO does neither option, but the Man Utd game we at least were entertaining to watch.
Do you think he’s getting the maximum out of everyone?

Although Lopetegui got some good 1-0’s at home to keep us up comfortably with his pragmatic approach, watching Wolves hasn’t been-much of an
enjoyable/exciting watch for a long long time.

Lets all lord Mr Hwang for his goal, however for all his first touches that landed back into Wolverhampton he can get the fuck off..

Although Lopetegui got some good 1-0’s at home to keep us up comfortably with his pragmatic approach, watching Wolves hasn’t been-much of an
enjoyable/exciting watch for a long long time.
He understood the brief though keep the club up and go again next season with an improved squad. Just a pity he was the only one who did his job.

Which would suggest not
Which would suggest our previous managers also failed to get the maximum out of them also, would it not? Which seems to indicate the players are more of the problem maybe? Or at least a significant part of the problem?

Last edited:
Not knocking Lopetegui at all, if he’d got what he wanted he would have kept us in the Premier League no problem.

Not knocking Lopetegui at all, if he’d got what he wanted he would have kept us in the Premier League no problem.
Except we don't know what he really wanted. Apart from maybe to make himself very rich from a very healthy contract (and his son by the way, who was mysteriously qualified to be Head of scouting). And raise his profile so he could get a better job as soon as one came along. Which you know, I know, everyone knows he would have done as soon as a bigger club came along.

Except we don't know what he really wanted. Apart from maybe to make himself very rich from a very healthy contract (and his son by the way, who was mysteriously qualified to be Head of scouting). And raise his profile so he could get a better job as soon as one came along. Which you know, I know, everyone knows he would have done as soon as a bigger club came along.
Not a fan then?

Back