• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (A) 18/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Own Goal is due one, he was one of our top scorers last season but has yet to step up to the plate.

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
Dan's team for me, Jonny looks unfit, and we need the pace against their wide forwards. Obvious concern that Costa will really struggle, but for the love of God if he isn't fit just put Hwang there, don't fuck about with Podence or Guedes there.
I'd prefer Guedes there. Hwang has proven time and again he is at best L1 level and on Saturday looked more Conference level. Surely there is more to Guedes' game than Hwang has served up for best part of a year now?

I'd prefer Guedes there. Hwang has proven time and again he is at best L1 level and on Saturday looked more Conference level. Surely there is more to Guedes' game than Hwang has served up for best part of a year now?

I've seen Guedes do nothing other than look vaguely technically competent and about as threatening as care bear. I've seen Hwang make decent runs and manage the odd good finish.

For the avoidance of doubt, I agree Hwang is a terrible footballer, but think he's a marginally better (well, less shit) option as a genuine number 9.

I's obviously rather neither of them were here

Hwang and Guedes are both shit, I don't want to play either.

£40m+ on that pair, Christ.

Of Hwang's many faults not trying isn't one of them. The same can't be said for Guedes

Hwang keeps getting booed in home games by small sections when he comes on, which is a bit shit really.

I dislike Guedes far more as it stands.

Of Hwang's many faults not trying isn't one of them. The same can't be said for Guedes
That's harsh, I've never thought Guedes lacked workrate. He's just never in a position to be effective. Hopefully that changes with a new manager.

That's harsh, I've never thought Guedes lacked workrate. He's just never in a position to be effective. Hopefully that changes with a new manager.
You were there mate and I wasn't, but from what I could see he flat out didn't try at Chelsea. Was a Rohan Ricketts/Mark Little job of leaving Jonny hung out to dry.

That's harsh, I've never thought Guedes lacked workrate. He's just never in a position to be effective. Hopefully that changes with a new manager
I'd say he was going through the motions at best against West Ham. Others including those in the media said he didn't even do that against Chelsea.

Davis said Guedes wasn't well vs Chelsea and had some respiratory issues I think.

Davis said Guedes wasn't well vs Chelsea and had some respiratory issues I think.
Deutsch "lack of heart more like..."

But yep he was ill and very very very very very very very shit in his 45 mins. Loses one "very" as he won a free kick on the edge of the area though

I’ve seen enough of Hwang to know he wouldn’t score the number of goals Guedes did in Spain. Yes he’s been underwhelming but he’s adapting to a new team and league. Hwang has just got worse the longer he’s been here and he started off at decidedly average.

I’ve seen enough of Hwang to know he wouldn’t score the number of goals Guedes did in Spain. Yes he’s been underwhelming but he’s adapting to a new team and league. Hwang has just got worse the longer he’s been here and he started off at decidedly average.
Devil's advocate here, but "has just got worse the longer he's been here" has been true of most of our players over the last two years.

Guedes has been playing top flight football since 2014/15. He has topped 5 goals once, last season.

Grant Holt and Marlon Harewood got into double figures in the Premier League once, do not expect Guedes to do anything, that was totally at odds with his career as a whole in multiple countries.

I'm going with Guedes as I've seen him trap a ball properly, a skill that seems sadly beyond Hwang. Around £15M must be the cut-off nowadays for that skill to be in your armoury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back