• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (A) 18/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
A bit of pressure relieved yesterday but we still could do with at least a point here.

Palace are a bit odd, plenty of good players, frequently play exciting stuff, whenever you look at the table they aren't doing very well. They were all over us in both games last season so we need to respond to the challenges they provide. If we play like we did against Forest we will lose.

Good luck to anyone going! Going to finish after 10pm and transport to/from Selhurst is shit at any time.

(I'll put up the H2H results as normal later on. It's Mrs DW's birthday and I'm not sure I can spend much of it listing nearly 30 years of results against these when we've played them loads :D )

--------------------------------One Hand-----------------------------

Semedo---------------Collins-------------Kilman----------Ait-Nouri

-----------------Boubacar------Neves------Nunes--------------------

-----------------Adama----------Costa--------Podence-----------------

A bit of pressure relieved yesterday but we still could do with at least a point here.

Palace are a bit odd, plenty of good players, frequently play exciting stuff, whenever you look at the table they aren't doing very well. They were all over us in both games last season so we need to respond to the challenges they provide. If we play like we did against Forest we will lose.

Good luck to anyone going! Going to finish after 10pm and transport to/from Selhurst is shit at any time.

(I'll put up the H2H results as normal later on. It's Mrs DW's birthday and I'm not sure I can spend much of it listing nearly 30 years of results against these when we've played them loads :D )

--------------------------------One Hand-----------------------------

Semedo---------------Collins-------------Kilman----------Ait-Nouri

-----------------Boubacar------Neves------Nunes--------------------

-----------------Adama----------Costa--------Podence-----------------
This seems the obvious team to me, the most sensible anyway.
Palace are a weird team, was surprised to see how low in the league they are, be nice if we could scam some kind of result.

Yep, fair play. Giving this one a miss myself. Pretty much sold out, apart for a few odd single seats and the restricted back rows which offer a great view of the overhanging tv gantry.

Think Palace will beat us quite comfortably but apparently they were quite poor yesterday themselves.

Think Diego might start on the bench for this one. I know we don’t have anyone else but 3 games In a week is a big ask at this point for him and he played 80 yesterday

Going to this more in hope than expectation. Left it late to buy tickets as well so we'll barely be able to see the pitch.

For me he's got to play Matheus deeper. He's shunting him forwards just because he's got the ability to beat players which is ridiculous thinking.

Thought both teams were poor in their game vs Leicester yesterday, would take a point to set up the home game on Sunday.

I’d take a point now, yesterday wasn’t a new dawn just one poor side getting the better of an even worse side.
I think it’ll probably follow a similar pattern to last seasons games.
9 without an away win and 7 defeats in that time.

They were very poor yesterday, the game was an awful watch.

Palace haven't had the easiest start to the season, already played a lot of the tough fixtures so their point return isn't bad at all. Last season Palace handled us really well in both games, Vieira clearly outcoached Lage. I'd take a boring 0-0 draw but think they will nick the win.

I think DW’s team would be ideal. Just can’t see Davis having the balls to drop Moutinho, especially as when he came off yesterday he did the only coaching from the sidelines we saw all match. Did it well too.

What was he doing? Telling players where to be and who to press? Didn't notice on TV

DW's team but with Jonny for RAN, and I'd start with Moutinho and bring on T2 later in the game.

Think Palace will beat us quite comfortably but apparently they were quite poor yesterday themselves.

Think Diego might start on the bench for this one. I know we don’t have anyone else but 3 games In a week is a big ask at this point for him and he played 80 yesterday
He played like he was 80

Dan's team for me, Jonny looks unfit, and we need the pace against their wide forwards. Obvious concern that Costa will really struggle, but for the love of God if he isn't fit just put Hwang there, don't fuck about with Podence or Guedes there.

I agree, but for actual harm done to the world its tough to beat Rupert Murdoch's companies.

Bruno Lage wasn't as much of a wanker as Dean Saunders, it was scant comfort to me every time we went 1-0 down in the last 18 months.

Dan's team for me, Jonny looks unfit, and we need the pace against their wide forwards. Obvious concern that Costa will really struggle, but for the love of God if he isn't fit just put Hwang there, don't fuck about with Podence or Guedes there.
Someone, not going name him and blow smoke up his ass :) , suggested the only thing Hwang is worth when playing up front is if you can angle him so that when the ball bounces off him it goes forwards.

Last edited:
DW's team but with Jonny for RAN, and I'd start with Moutinho and bring on T2 later in the game.
Yea go 2-0 up and just park this

Attachments

• 93904C41-604D-4580-9110-FD722FDB38BB.jpeg
    93904C41-604D-4580-9110-FD722FDB38BB.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back