• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (H) Build up 20/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ta, we weren't that bad.

The sloppy moments from Jonny and Boly were cleaned up calmly, Palace never really threatened otherwise. It was an even game, really.

Jonnys pass resulted in Schlupp nearly scoring, it wasn't cleaned up calmly at all.

TT has been saying it all week about a hangover similar to Wembley, we certainly opened like that but managed to put together a really good team goal, hopefully they go on to perform much better now.

what a shit first half do our players even want to be on the pitch right now? another toothless performance nuno out, need an upgrade on boly

Well apart from one piece of brilliant attacking play we've been 2nd best so far. But one mistake from them, one brilliant pass from Moutinho and we have an undeserved lead. Need to improve dramatically in the 2nd half and kill this game off.

Jonnys pass resulted in Schlupp nearly scoring, it wasn't cleaned up calmly at all.

TT has been saying it all week about a hangover similar to Wembley, we certainly opened like that but managed to put together a really good team goal, hopefully they go on to perform much better now.

Okay, we gave up one chance in the half.

I'll take that every day against a Prem outfit. Palace aren't competition winners.

Yes we were. Good to see the happy clappy gaslighting still in full effect on here

Should I direct you to the score, or...?

Would love an early goal in the 2nd half to kill the game. Can’t imagine another game where we are holding on at 1-0 going in to the final 5 minutes.

Thought we were quite poor there, but think that was compounded by lots of small errors. Struggled to find a rhythm.

Beautiful goal helped by Townsend’s error!

Credit to Doherty who has been one of the few players on the pitch to try and up our tempo in possession. Noticeable when he took the ball off Traore and made him run ahead of him. Good movement for the goal.

Pleased for Podence who has been lively but lacked support

Yes we were. Good to see the happy clappy gaslighting still in full effect on here

Any need for that shit?

He knows how we set up and how we play (and have for 2 years) so doesn’t expect flowing, attacking football. He expects what we got with the only problems being the sloppyness by Jonny and Boly

Jonny's not had his best game so far tonight - might consider Vinagre for the last 30

Would love an early goal in the 2nd half to kill the game. Can’t imagine another game where we are holding on at 1-0 going in to the final 5 minutes.

On this, I can absolutely agree.

Any need for that shit?

He knows how we set up and how we play (and have for 2 years) so doesn’t expect flowing, attacking football. He expects what we got with the only problems being the sloppyness by Jonny and Boly

You don't need to patronise anyone about how we set up and play. If I watch us play we'll below par for 41 mins I will point it out on this online forum. Not sure why this freaks people out, and why it's seen as being a lesser fan. It's very weird

Okay, we gave up one chance in the half.

I'll take that every day against a Prem outfit. Palace aren't competition winners.

Should I direct you to the score, or...?

They're not competition winners but they've lost 6 on the bounce and haven't got Cahill, Milivojevic or Van Aanholt in this game.

We've not been very good but as long as we win I'm not bothered it's all about the result at this stage. If we sharpen up we have it in us to kill this one off.

You don't need to patronise anyone about how we set up and play. If I watch us play we'll below par for 41 mins I will point it out on this online forum. Not sure why this freaks people out, and why it's seen as being a lesser fan. It's very weird

You’re the only one throwing attacks at fans around mate. Who fucking calls another fan a “happyclapper” just because they have a different outlook to you?

God that was poor. First time we show some invention and we create the best chance we've had in the last three hours of Premier League football. Tbh for that first half it looked like we assumed Palace would be on the beach and so we joined them! Let's hope we can up the intensity in the 2nd half.

You’re the only one throwing attacks at fans around mate. Who fucking calls another fan a “happyclapper” just because they have a different outlook to you?

I'd rather be a "happy clapper" than "plastic", I think.

They're not competition winners but they've lost 6 on the bounce and haven't got Cahill, Milivojevic or Van Aanholt in this game.

We've not been very good but as long as we win I'm not bothered it's all about the result at this stage. If we sharpen up we have it in us to kill this one off.

On current evidence, Mitchell is a step up on Van Aanholt defensively.

I get why people get a bit frustrated but I honestly feel it's largely misplaced.

Now there's some classic Boly.

At this point I'd still be bringing Jota on for Podence in about 5-10 mins.

I love everyone lulsing at the idea of boly actually being knocked over by that :icon_lol:

Come on... It's common knowledge that any remotely non-positive comments on these match threads result in a pile on. It happens literally every game.

Those doing it can't then get all sensitive at a tame bite back. If people stop freaking out at mild criticism of Wolves performances then there's no push back needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back