• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Danny Batth

owlinpeace

Reaction score
Hello, Wednesday fan in peace

Just wondering what you think our chances of signing Batth permanently in the summer are? THe guy has been absolute brick at the back for us, really good defender who will certainly play in the Premier League one day. My fear is that you will want to keep hold of him, i reckon he is probably better than any defender you've got at this moment in time, and will be a starter if he was still at Wolves next season. Player of the year this season by far, pivotal to our promotion back to the Championship.

Can you see yourselves letting him go? I reckon he would love to join us permanently the fans have worshipped him in Sheffield.

P.S Looking forward to playing you next season, always enjoyed going to Wolves, nice to have two massive clubs in the Championship.

Hopefully you have bugger all chance of signing him to be honest.

We shouldn't really have extended the loan in January. I'd much rather have blooded Batth ahead of next year than sign that spaz Bassong who we had no hope of ever keeping even if we stayed up.

Obviously depends on who our manager is but it would be very odd if whoever it is let him go without even looking at him.

I certainly hope we keep of hold him, and as with Deutsch I would have rather have seen him playing the last few games for us instead of shoeing Elokobi in there.

In fact it's an ideal opportunity to start him on Sunday. Won't happen though.

...always enjoyed going to Wolves, nice to have two massive clubs in the Championship.

Leeds are certainly one massive club in the Championship next season, but I can't think of another.

BTW don't concern yourself about possibly losing Batth, you can rely on Wolves to let him go if he's any good.

P.S. Damn fine manager you've got at Wednesday, where did he come from?

In fact it's an ideal opportunity to start him on Sunday. Won't happen though.

It is, although one meaningless game after a full season at another club may be a bit pointless.

Leeds are certainly one massive club in the Championship next season, but I can't think of another.

BTW don't concern yourself about possibly losing Batth, you can rely on Wolves to let him go if he's any good.

P.S. Damn fine manager you've got at Wednesday, where did he come from?

Leeds are a big club, although i don't like to admit it. I'm just relieved we are back in the Championship, although i bet your gutted you got relegated, i'm thankful i won't have to make the trips to Yeovil or Rochdale away. Championship won't be a bad league next season, some good clubs in there. If you need a manager, although you will hate this suggestion, Gary Megson would sort you out, people immediately make judgements about his style of play but really it is a myth, he will get you fit and with the right players will have you playing some attractive football. Never happen because of his history with the Baggies.

I can't see Batth joining us unfortunately, would love him too but like others have said he will be assessed by whoever is in charge and they will probably take to him. Unless Mandaric gives you an offer which you can't refuse.

I was dissapointed when Dave Jones first came in, but by god has he proved me wrong. Plays simple, attractive football and not afraid to attack, it was never in doubt we'd get out of that dog shite league with him in charge. I really think we can make an impression in the Championship next season.

Can we interest you in a certain Roger Johnson by any chance?

If you need a manager, although you will hate this suggestion, Gary Megson would sort you out, people immediately make judgements about his style of play but really it is a myth, he will get you fit and with the right players will have you playing some attractive football...

I was dissapointed when Dave Jones first came in, but by god has he proved me wrong. Plays simple, attractive football and not afraid to attack, it was never in doubt we'd get out of that dog $#@!e league with him in charge.

:icon_biggrin:

Prunes sort out people's digestive systems, but the outcome isn't always popular.

P.S. God is spelt with a capital G, unless it's one of those heathen gods that good people don't believe in.

Best of luck next season Owl - Wednesdays a good club and you've done well for us with Danny.

I would very much hope you won't have a sniff of signing him though, he should be in our team next year.

Stick around over the season Owl - especially during the build up to our matches.

It's always good to get other fans views.

as I said to a few other Wednesday fans I can't see Mandric spending big, he is quite a sensibly owner if you look at this record, a pompy fan pointed out to me that when they were over spending it wasn't actually his money (hence the problems they faced later on)

Wednesday ended up with Leon Clarke and Adam Proudlock and I don't think our club ever officially apologised for it like I feel we should have...

One thing I do have an issue with is that you think he is better that any other defender we have! How can you compare a defender doing well at league one level to a defender doing poorly in the the prem?
I have seen Batth play a few times and I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

Is Leon Clark different to Leon Clarke? Don't tell me there are two of them.

One thing I do have an issue with is that you think he is better that any other defender we have! How can you compare a defender doing well at league one level to a defender doing poorly in the the prem?
I have seen Batth play a few times and I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

I've only seen him play once, but share your views. He's going to have a job on his hands to replace either Berra or Stearman in the team.

A question for the Owls fans: on the one occasion that I saw him play, he seemed pretty immobile (slow & lacking in agility), is that a fair analysis? Also, is he comfortable with the ball at his feet?

I've only seen him play once, but share your views. He's going to have a job on his hands to replace either Berra or Stearman in the team.

A question for the Owls fans: on the one occasion that I saw him play, he seemed pretty immobile (slow & lacking in agility), is that a fair analysis? Also, is he comfortable with the ball at his feet?

Wouldn't say he's immobile, he's certainly not the quickest, but I can't remember him being skinned many times this season, albeit in League 1. He's seems a lot more comfortable with the ball at his feet under DJ, He's a lot more calm and collected, under Megson he was a hoof merchant, win the ball and get rid, but to be honest, all our defenders were guilty of 'hoof' then, it's the Megson way!

Disagree with my fellow Owl re being better than the defenders you already have though, the only way he would get in your squad was if you got rid of what you already have. Again, it's alright us raving about him, but he's excelled in the third tier of English football, your centre halves have Premiership pedigree.

(Apologies for the 'Clarke' spelling mistake).

Back