• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Derby (A) 29/4/17 Build-Up & Match Thread

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
All looking forward to this one kids? Good.

Weimann can't play obviously, although he may as well not be playing at all when we stick him out wide. The U23s situation means we probably won't see many/any of them, even if Lambo were minded to go that way.

I would go (and I'm still not happy with elements of this team):

------------------Ruddy------------------------

Iorfa---------Batth--------Hause----------Silvio

------------Evans-------Saiss------------------

---Gibbs-White----Cavaleiro------Marshall-------

--------------------Wilson------------------------

I'm sure the Don and Ruddy can manage one game before the playoff vs West Ham. Graham on the bench again for another half hour or so for one of Paul's pre-planned subs regardless of how everyone's playing, Zyro too if he's ready.

In reality I expect Silvio to be dropped for unexplained reasons, Edwards to play despite offering as much as Lieutenant Dan out of Forrest Gump would in a hopscotch contest, Jigsaw Mason to play somewhere and Dicko to play up front even though he needs a pre-season, as per the manager.

Not writing proper previews for the final two games, there is no point. I have enough to do when I come round to reviewing the season in a week and a half or so...

2016/17: L 2-3 (H)
2015/16: W 2-1 (H), L 2-4 (A)
2014/15: W 2-0 (H), L 0-5 (A)
2012/13: D 1-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2008/9: W 3-0 (H), W 3-2 (A)
2006/7: L 0-1 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2005/6: D 1-1 (H), W 3-0 (A)
2004/5: W 2-0 (H), D 3-3 (A)
2002/3: D 1-1 (H), W 4-1 (A)
1995/6: W 3-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
1994/5: L 0-2 (H), D 3-3 (A)

I was bored on nights last Friday and foolishly looked at ticket availability for this game which persuaded me to buy a ticket as, to my shame, I've never been to Derby.
After the game last Saturday I was already regretting the decision and Tuesday hasn't lightened my mood but what the hell, it's an away day...Bring it on!

Jigsaw Mason. :icon_lol:

Just hope Derby fans have the good sense to stay off the pitch at the end.

I was bored on nights last Friday and foolishly looked at ticket availability for this game which persuaded me to buy a ticket as, to my shame, I've never been to Derby.
After the game last Saturday I was already regretting the decision and Tuesday hasn't lightened my mood but what the hell, it's an away day...Bring it on!
Just stay in The Brunswick mate.

Just hope Derby fans have the good sense to stay off the pitch at the end.

How about if we hand them a list of five players where we don't mind if they give them a bit of a kicking?

Even better if Lonergan is playing.

Burgoyne

Iorfa Williamson Hause Silvio

MGW Saiss

Marshall Mason Cavaleiro

Wilson

The U23 game v West Ham is a week on Monday isn't it?

It is. So none them will play vs Preston, but we could play them on Saturday if we wanted.

Ruddy
Iorfa Batth Hause Silvio
Evans Saiss
Marshall Cav MGW
Wilson

Edit Deutsch's team

Take some extra cash and hit the nice shiny shopping centre!

Would be lovely if we could have 90 from Wilson (and/or MGW). As well as giving Iorfa another game. And I think I'll leave it at that!! So DW's team basically, still not sure where MGW should be playing but I want to see us try out young potential talent, so stick him on anywhere. I've given up saying I want Edwards to be dropped.

So everyone given up on Costa playing for us again?

Costa to play if back obviously. Rinse him in case we lose him :(

I would love deutsch' team to play - if lambert played that in the last two games of the season, I'd be going into the summer feeling optimistic that he's on the right lines.

As edwards, coady and weimann will actually play, I'll be going into the summer thinking he's out of his depth.

As edwards, coady and weimann will actually play, I'll be going into the summer thinking he's out of his depth.
He'll have a job. He's ineligible.

You're right though. There's absolutely no point playing half the team that he'll inevitably put out.

Back