• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

England "Fans"

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
For a second night running there is trouble in Marseilles involving England "fans" Reporters being threatened and bottles being thrown at French police officers. I had hoped this kind of behaviour was a thing of the past, but sadly not. What can be done about this?

Stop having football tournaments in them foreign lands

Realistically Frank, there are always going to be a few knobheads who kick off - especially when alcohol is available (& its not just English fans who do this either)

Stop having football tournaments in them foreign lands

Realistically Frank, there are always going to be a few knobheads who kick off - especially when alcohol is available (& its not just English fans who do this either)

Agreed, but when tournaments are a good distance away there are no problems. The first time we have one on our doorstep for a few years and it starts kicking off again.

Last night England fans were attached by 70 Marseille Ultras and the video I've seen tonight looks like the pub has been petrol bombed, which I'd be surprised if they've petrol bombed themselves.

Yes, I'm sure there are some English looking for trouble, but there are also a lot of innocent English that get attacked and try to defend themselves.

Is this really a story? 4 years ago Polish and Russian fans fought a pitched battle in the streets and nobody blinked.

Looks like Langers is there with his mates.

f43848b0a2e12183f72c68a75feb3750.jpg

Agreed, but when tournaments are a good distance away there are no problems. The first time we have one on our doorstep for a few years and it starts kicking off again.

Then as its a European Championship it tends to be played in Europe - which is nearer

As said by others there are a number of other groups of supporters from outside this country looking for trouble - plus with the level of security in France given what happened in Paris then there is a powderkeg which will go off very quickly.

Not sure that this is really a major story or issue.

Looks like Langers is there with his mates.

f43848b0a2e12183f72c68a75feb3750.jpg
The Bum Bag Ultra brigade were in the shrub peacefully enjoying the France match I'll have you know.

Bloody slanderous, Penkles.

Marseille is full of fucking wankers and France has a huge problem with violence around football matches.
I'm not surprised that England fans have been involved in violence down there because they don't turn the other cheek when shit like this comes along, rather they lob a barstool back.

Better organisation would have had us play elsewhere, where there's less dickheads.

As I've said England v Russia in Marseille on Saturday with a 2100 kick off is just asking for trouble, it wouldn't have taken much to have re-located the game.
By all accounts local police are happy to contain the trouble to this small area by the harbour away from the fan zone, also amazed they've had a virtual lock down on Lens on Thursday and let this one be a free for all.
Reality is mindless idiots will always slip the net regardless of the amount of banning orders that are in place.

seems they only focus on the english when theres trouble .............. ive been in france and attacked just cos we are english .............. and i was 14 at the time no football links

Can's see much now because of all the tear gas floating down the street. The riot police are here and bloodied fans are passing by.

At least they've stopped chucking seats at each other.

There's some pretty clear footage of the people involved, so I expect that the police will catch up with these wankers at some point.

Some fans are now antagonising the riot police. This could get interesting...

The police are moving towards the mob...

This is like the bad old days. Terrible scenes.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yes and no, I'm not convinced that the English fans have gone down there to cause trouble. Apparently nothing had been done to keep things in order around the old port and small groups of either locals or Russians have been antagonising England fans who have been drinking all afternoon.

I'm amazed that it took at least 15 minutes for the police to even turn up. Had they been there in numbers since this morning nothing would have kicked off.

Back