• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2024 Clobber

It's reported in the Guardian as well. It's only newspapers and politicians trying to sell copy and themselves.
Messing with the flag is unnecessary. St. George's flag is a better design than the Nike one anyway 😄

The whole issue is that as it's vaguely pink/purple/lilac, and that's led the frothers to instantly think it's "pandering" to the LBGT community, and it's had the effect of allowing homophobes to hide behind some weird notion of patriotism. Like honestly, who *really* gives a flying fuck? And even if it is indeed a nod to the LBGT community, why on earth would you go out of your way to say that that's a bad thing? Fucking bellends

The whole issue is that as it's vaguely pink/purple/lilac, and that's led the frothers to instantly think it's "pandering" to the LBGT community, and it's had the effect of allowing homophobes to hide behind some weird notion of patriotism. Like honestly, who *really* gives a flying fuck? And even if it is indeed a nod to the LBGT community, why on earth would you go out of your way to say that that's a bad thing? Fucking bellends
A bloke from some England football supporters society said this on FiveLive this morning. I thought he was a knob when he stated that this is the first time that he'd agreed with Kier Starmer on anything but a couple of minutes later he was mentioned the pandering to the LGBT and rainbow flag community crowd.

Going off topic a bit, but try and buy anything these days without the manufacturer's logo on it, it wasn't always like that.
I can vaguely remember the first time I ever heard of Nike 🙄.
Diana Ross taking a penalty kick, in a World Cup held in the USA, sponsored by Coca-Cola.
I struggled with that at the time. Although hijacking was more commonplace around then 😬

£120 for a shirt is always a piss take irregardless of the manufacturer deciding to mess with the flag.

Those of us who have purchase shirts over the years are eventually going to be saying to our grandkids that we used to pay £30 a shirt & it lasted 2 seasons. Wouldn’t be surprised if the sky 6 clubs didn’t offer a new £150 shirt every 6 months.

I assume it’s that price because there are enough mugs who will buy it, they don’t give a shit if it seems insane to most normal people

Can't be arsed to look but is the £120 for the standard kit and not one of these "just like the players wear pro kits"?

Can't be arsed to look but is the £120 for the standard kit and not one of these "just like the players wear pro kits"?
£120 for the player issue and £85.00 for the 'replica' I think

I've bought one off eBay for £21.99

In other news, Germany are leaving Adidas from 2027 and will wear Nike instead

Pro kits are £120
Regular non pro are £85 (depending on where you go)

£120 for the player issue and £85.00 for the 'replica' I think

I've bought one off eBay for £21.99
So 2 points

1) Any one paying £120 for an identical kit as Harry Kane is a fucking idiot and gets no sympathy from me. Using this cost is not the correct one to get angry about. Its priced for idiots and if they lap it, thats on them.
2) £85 can get in the sea as well. That is the price to focus on and its still shit

So 2 points

1) Any one paying £120 for an identical kit as Harry Kane is a fucking idiot and gets no sympathy from me. Using this cost is not the correct one to get angry about. Its priced for idiots and if they lap it, thats on them.
2) £85 can get in the sea as well. That is the price to focus on and its still shit
£65 for the 'cheap' kids version is the one

I suppose one thing about England kits is they last longer than 1 season? I think? Do they? They seem to come out every tournament? So every 2 years?

The prices are absolutely scandalous. The flag colour thing is very meh. It’s clearly not LGBT rainbow - the colours aren’t even close.

It’s an okay shirt at a price like it was made from panda

There was a chap on the radio who says he and his lad love the shirt but he now has to explain to him why he won't be buying it for him and if it wasn't for the fact that tomorrow night's game will be his son's first England game he wouldn't be going to that either. Slightly OTT I would say!

Little Rishi now chiming in...

I do think the focus on the reporting being the cost of the pro version slightly masks the relative greater rise of the replica version.

The purple flag just looks a bit shit imo...

Back