• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2024 Clobber

Lupo

Reaction score
Starting off, not officially launched but pretty good sources:

Italy:

italy new kit (1).jpg

England:

00 nike england 2024 kit (1).jpg

I like that England shirt.
Me too, nice collar

Not too sure with the Italy shirt, I still don't think Adidas suit Italy, Macron, Kappa, Diadora or EA7 would be better

I’m not sure why, but the green stripe being on the front of the shoulders and the red stripe on the back feels… backward. Regarding the Italy shirt.

Your brain would melt with things like flying the Union Jack upside down then

Your brain would melt with things like flying the Union Jack upside down then
Me, an American: “Isn’t the Union Jack symmetrical?”

Answer: “No, dumbass. 🇬🇧

It bugs me that it isn't symmetrical when all of its constituent parts are, needless overcomplication of the design.
“It represents the way that together, we are also something new.”

I missed my calling by not going into PR bullshit, I tell ya.

Flying it upside down is a way to show distress without giving the game away to those who have taken over your ship. Also it should only be the Union Jack on a ship. It’s the union flag in other uses.

Apparently should never be hung upside down near the king as it is considered a grave insult.

That’s quite a clever trick tbf.

Further to the above that’s why the flag pole on the bow of a ship is called a jackstaff. Here to help.

Although I'd imagine your captures would notice you faffing with the flag.
Let’s face it, most sailors back then probably made some amount of peace with never coming back from any given voyage.

Italy away

Screenshot_20231125_122733_Chrome Beta.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231125_122619_Chrome Beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20231125_122619_Chrome Beta.jpg
    577 KB · Views: 3
Flying it upside down is a way to show distress without giving the game away to those who have taken over your ship. Also it should only be the Union Jack on a ship. It’s the union flag in other uses.

Apparently should never be hung upside down near the king as it is considered a grave insult.

Don't naval ships fly the white ensign rather than the union flag though? So the subtle asymmetrical design feature seems a bit pointless, as the effect is much more obvious with the former.

Don't naval ships fly the white ensign rather than the union flag though? So the subtle asymmetrical design feature seems a bit pointless, as the effect is much more obvious with the former.
Presumably this would have been when pirates and privateers were a common problem?

They flew the union on the rear flagstaff in the Napoleonic era and before

New picture of the England shirt, like it a lot

england 2024 kit (28).jpg

Back