• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2024 Clobber

There was a chap on the radio who says he and his lad love the shirt but he now has to explain to him why he won't be buying it for him and if it wasn't for the fact that tomorrow night's game will be his son's first England game he wouldn't be going to that either. Slightly OTT I would say!
Talk sport by any chance?

Bloke sounds like a cunt.

Why would anybody care about the colour of a tiny flag on the back of the collar? People get worked up over the strangest things.

Why would anybody care about the colour of a tiny flag on the back of the collar? People get worked up over the strangest things.
I've got quite a few England shirts - the earliest being the grey one from Euro 96. The vast majority of them don't have the St George's flag on them at all.

This insane desire to be a jingoistic toss piece is fucking weird.

Not even a long standing fan tradition either.

Look at the England fans in Italia 90. Mostly Union Jacks.

italia-90-fans.jpg

EU6yRCZWkAQ_eyg.jpg

I guess Nike have achieved exactly what they wanted. My view is it’s the national team shirt so if you’re going to put a cross on it the only one should be the red cross of St George. Says a lot about the state of our country that so many people are genuinely angry rather than a little annoyed. So many people seem to think in black and white, there are no shades of grey.

"Running out of ways to get stories from the this flag shit!....oh wait, a player with his collar up hiding the flag. Can only mean 1 thing...well it can mean a few such as player who wears his collar up, wears his collar up or...HE HATES THE PURPLEY/RED flag. Its defo the hate part

I don't really care whether the Cross of St George is on the kit or not, but if you're you're gunna have a cross on there, why wouldn't you just have the actual one, why try and reinvent the wheel?

Never understood any of that flag waving shite, we were in Orlando in July 2019, got to the various parks for opening time, once inside the Stars and Stripes would blast out over the loudspeakers.
While the Americans stood to attention, took off their caps and had their hand on their chest we made our way to front of the queue.

Can only imagine the sheer outrage he had in 2007 when Diadora (foreign bastards) desecrated the Scottish saltire.

989999-1.jpg

Back