• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ever changing face of Wolves

Sainsburys properly micro manage the home shop drivers FYI.

Black boxes in the vans recording everything abd drivers routinely pulled in the office for 'speeding' 'breaking too sharply' etc etc I don't know if you've experienced this in other driving jobs but worth keeping it in mind.
Was mentioned, had similar before on buses, where you’re GPS tracked as well so they can see how close to the timetable you are.
Ta anyway

The thing both of them make a big deal about is the extra days holiday on your birthday, yea great, how’s that work for leap year birthdays? Do I get an extra day in February or March, last time I asked at a job that did it, got told no it’s not your birthday
Surely they just do the next available day?

Company I am with do an extra holiday for your birthday.
This year my birthday is on a Saturday and the next week day is a Bank Holiday so I get a nice long weekend as I get the Tuesday off

Dunno, like I said, last company I worked for that did it, just said no, it’s not your birthday,
Technically correct, but went against how they claimed to be all for happy workers and a caring company, took it to HR who said they’d look into it, and never replied.

Surely they just do the next available day?

Company I am with do an extra holiday for your birthday.
This year my birthday is on a Saturday and the next week day is a Bank Holiday so I get a nice long weekend as I get the Tuesday off
We had a similar thing last year for a big company anniversary, mine was a weekend and busy the Monday/Friday either side so didn't take it, forgot about it when it came to carrying over spare days and lost it. Think they've rolled it into a permanent thing now but it's just given as an extra days holiday to use as you please, which it my case probably means getting perpetually rolled into the following year, or maybe getting paid out as unused leave when we part ways.

Bit shit if your birthday is 29th February

We had a similar thing last year for a big company anniversary, mine was a weekend and busy the Monday/Friday either side so didn't take it, forgot about it when it came to carrying over spare days and lost it. Think they've rolled it into a permanent thing now but it's just given as an extra days holiday to use as you please, which it my case probably means getting perpetually rolled into the following year, or maybe getting paid out as unused leave when we part ways.
Use them or lose them?

Bit shit if your birthday is 29th February
Why do you think I’m not enthusiastic about the extra day off on your birthday and asked if I’d get the day off February 28th or March 1st?

So, if anyone cares,
Been for the decathlon interview today, went as well as the Sainsbury’s one, out of the two places I’d go decathlon if they both offered a job.
Wasn’t busy in the shop, possibility of being a bit bored sometimes, but the brain would be engaged with the fixing stuff, seemed a relaxed place to work.
Sainsbury’s I’d be humping boxes about, sitting in traffic and being tracked all the time.

Sainsburys also said they’d definitely let me know yesterday or latest mid afternoon today 29/3 it’s now 8pm and not a word, so I’ll assume that’s a no from them, decathlon are still interviewing and said early next week for a yes or no.

So, if anyone cares,
Been for the decathlon interview today, went as well as the Sainsbury’s one, out of the two places I’d go decathlon if they both offered a job.
Wasn’t busy in the shop, possibility of being a bit bored sometimes, but the brain would be engaged with the fixing stuff, seemed a relaxed place to work.
Sainsbury’s I’d be humping boxes about, sitting in traffic and being tracked all the time.

Sainsburys also said they’d definitely let me know yesterday or latest mid afternoon today 29/3 it’s now 8pm and not a word, so I’ll assume that’s a no from them, decathlon are still interviewing and said early next week for a yes or no.
Interesting that you posted that at 6.56 but by 8pm you'd had no word...!
How does that happen?
Best of luck with the Decathlon one. Seems by far the best fit.

Interesting that you posted that at 6.56 but by 8pm you'd had no word...!
How does that happen?
Best of luck with the Decathlon one. Seems by far the best fit.
I was going to say, it happens because you haven't put your forum clock on an hour, but then I just realised that on the new forum, you don't have to. Keef's post is showing 7.56 for me. So the question is really, how does it happen that it's 6.56 for you? Maybe check your settings :)

Just checked says I posted the above post at 7.56pm, looks like you’re an hour behind wolf

Just checked says I posted the above post at 7.56pm, looks like you’re an hour behind wolf
Cheers Keef, though I don't understand... its my laptop and auto does the dates and times etc, I haven't touched any settings and it's now 1043....?

Wolves Speedway getting turfed out of Monmore.
No way, I was gunna start going there again. Wonder if there are plans for a new out of town stadium?
When Cradley were resurrected and were riding there, they spent a lot of time looking for a new stadium with no success.

No way, I was gunna start going there again. Wonder if there are plans for a new out of town stadium?
When Cradley were resurrected and were riding there, they spent a lot of time looking for a new stadium with no success.
Not their decision, been kicked out by the owners of the dog track without an alternative option

Well there’s your big announcement that was talked about elsewhere on this forum, Molineux to be redeveloped with a speedway track around the pitch

Back