• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (A) 19/5/21 (6pm, Sky) - Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say he is, he's not a very good footballer and he's slower than I am.

Hopefully we milk whatever we can out of some stupid club given his freak run of goals that is completely at odds with anything else he's ever done.

I would say he is, he's not a very good footballer and he's slower than I am.

Hopefully we milk whatever we can out of some stupid club given his freak run of goals that is completely at odds with anything else he's ever done.
Can't be slower than Silva.

Ok, how do you explain him having the highest goal and assist contributions per 90 at the club?
You obviously haven't been watching the games and seem to be focusing too much on stats. He missed an absolute gift yesterday and was put through at least 3 times and none of those shots hit the target. A quicker striker gets on the end of those chances and we score at least one. One of them was in almost the exact same position Raul received the ball from Jota last season.

He's just too bloody slow to get on the end of some of these through balls and when you're being outpaced by Eric Dier there's an issue. Nothing wrong with his brain and he looks like he can finish most of the time but he isn't a future Haaland.

Fabio isn't slow, I don't know where this has come from. I mean Johnny spent months backing up Willian NoWay, I can accept he's over-invested in it :)

Edit: Which gift/sitter is this? He should have done better with one chance but it wasn't a glaring miss.

Fabio isn't slow, I don't know where this has come from. I mean Johnny spent months backing up Willian NoWay, I can accept he's over-invested in it :)

Edit: Which gift/sitter is this? He should have done better with one chance but it wasn't a glaring miss.
Ball was squared to him from MGW and Fabio is on the penalty spot when he gets it all wrong. Yes it was a sitter. He got put through 1v1 twice against Eric Dier, one of which Dier had to turn for and still got back to hurry Fabio into screwing his shot wide.

And he's glacially slow and I've seen Darren Ferguson play ;)

That pass into Fabio was a proper bobble focker, don't get me wrong i think he should score, but it certainly wasn't as easy as it looked.

jllkcvY.png

I mean it's a decent chance but I wouldn't call it a sitter.

Saiss tamely nodding at Lloris was way worse.

How about:

--------------------Rui
Semedo---- Coady-- Marcal---- RAN
----------Saiss------------ Neves
Traore---------- Vittinha-------- MGW
-------------------Fabio

Bringing Theo on for Vitihna after an hour and moving MGW central...

Fabio is fine off the bench but we really don't want to be starting him next season. Given we need another wide player surely the sensible thing to do is go for a player that can play wide or centrally. That way we get cover for Raul and competition for wide positions. It also means the player won't sit on the bench for most of the time if Raul is fit and also won't stop Fabio getting some game time. Another wide player would also mean MGW can play centrally and not be made to look like a squad peg out wide.

I really think Moutinho has reached the end of the line and agree that the next two games are the perfect opportunity to play Vitinha alongside Neves with MGW in front. No point wasting the opportunity by playing Saiss or Donk there.

jllkcvY.png

I mean it's a decent chance but I wouldn't call it a sitter.

Saiss tamely nodding at Lloris was way worse.
Also he scores there and it probably wouldn't count. Whoever the player is in front of him would no doubt be an armpit hair offside and blocking the view of Lloris. Best to fuck it up really...

I hope we keep Moutinho, fantastic squad player, and that experience and respect he commands off other players is huge.

I'm a romantic, but i love the idea of him being our next manager, be it in 2 or 3 or 5 years.

The regression of Moutinho's performances are our own making really. We have a player who is still top quality used in the right way and the right situations. What should not be happening is a 34 year old been run into the ground and expected to do 90 minutes most weeks.

Moutinho will be fine for another season or two.

It's the sheer volume of games he's had in two full back to back seasons. Got to be 90+ appearances easily, most of them starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back