• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (A) 26/8: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hwang has to start for me. He at least has the knack of being in the right place at the right time. His ball skills b4 the world cup were poor but since then he's done as well as anyone

He was pretty good yesterday, in particular the run on goal before passing to RAN who fluffed his lines and of course he actually scored again

Third game of the season and already a massive match. Lose and we can kiss goodbye to any optimism for the season ahead because three defeats in a row and rock bottom of the table will make the club poisonous on and off the pitch.

I reckon we’ll lose.

Hwang for Nunes the only change for me. Silva needs to play, we can't keep putting wingers up front.

Hwang for Nunes the only change for me. Silva needs to play, we can't keep putting wingers up front.
Cunha isn't a winger is he? Must have missed summat there. He's no striker but surely a 10 or second striker type.

Has no luck that lad .
It wasn't really unlucky, he ran into Martinez. Can't be doing stuff like that, it's daft.

He didn't look good at the time and it was very odd they let him carry on.

Maupay to break his duck against us?
It'll be Che Adams I'd have thought, assuming the deal goes through.

Interesting tactical choice for Dyche, his natural instincts will be to sit back and try and hit us on the counter, but unless they score early I can't see their fans having that. I hope they have a go at us and let us expose their lack of pace at the back.

It's a game neither team can afford to lose so I don't think either will.

It'll be an interesting game. Dyche will have to try and take the game to us, and I expect O'Neil to continue to play the way we have in the first two games. Should be quite an open affair I'd have thought.

It’ll be a dull 0-0 or we’ll make them look like peak Brazil and they’ll put 3-4 past us.

It won’t. They make us look rather high scoring. Both are creating and missing. So I’m thinking about 4-3 to us bizarrely. Which would make the paddy power tweet look silly but they won’t care as it will have roped in mugs to throw money at 0-0. Did I mention I hate paddy power?

I just hope we don't let them settle in the first 20 minutes.

An early goal for us would knock the stuffing out of them

So I’m thinking about 4-3 to us bizarrely. Which would make the paddy power tweet look silly
1692700754722.png

They didn't mention a score btw. Just tried to do a funny version of "it will be shit"

1692700934037.png

It’ll be a dull 0-0 or we’ll make them look like peak Brazil and they’ll put 3-4 past us.

Agree with the former but not the latter. I think we'll be all over them but fail to score, and it'll either be scoreless or they'll nick it 1-0

Maupay will definitely score at least one, it's just how these things work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back