• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (A) 26/8: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maupay will definitely score at least one, it's just how these things work
You mean like last season's game at Goodison Park where he missed a one on one clean through?

You mean like last season's game at Goodison Park where he missed a one on one clean through?
Lop's reputation scared him into missing innit

FWIW my anti-Lop shit is taking the piss.

Been thinking about what I’d personally go with. The Neto conundrum is an in interesting one. I don’t think he suits being on the right hand side. Sarabia, on the other hand, can play there and offers more balance.

For that reason, I’d use Neto off the bench as an impact sub, and go with the following:

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman* RAN**
Lemina Gomes
Sarabia Cunha Hwang
Silva
* Would prefer Toti but that won’t happen
** not bothered if it’s RAN or Hugo

You're a lunatic suggesting Sarabia over Neto, no matter which side it is.

You're a lunatic suggesting Sarabia over Neto, no matter which side it is.
Nothing like a nice little OTT reply.

Sarabia is more natural on the right than Neto.

Sarabia is more comfortable with his right foot than Neto so doesn’t need to cut back constantly.

Sarabia already has an assist to his name (albeit from a corner).

If you’re asking me which player I prefer, it’s Neto every time, but sometimes you have to put round blocks in round holes for the good of the team.

Neto looks sharper than last season but he’s not really created a fat deal has he? Not that I can really think of. Without him in the forward line obviously there’s not a lot of pace but he slows down our attacks trying to cut inside from the right

Neto on the right is awful. Runs down the line and every time he stops and plays it backwards. It’s where our attacks go to die. Hwang probably deserves a start on the left and I agree with Jinky, Sarabia on the right.

Has he been tried in the middle before?

Has he been tried in the middle before?
I remember when we came back from 2-0 down at Southampton to win 3-2 he put Adama and Raul up front with him behind. Worked very well as a temporary measure. Don’t think he really has the skillset to play as a ten (especially when we have a very good one anyway)

Just put Neto on the fucking left.
This would be my preference 😂

The problem is Hwang is awful on the right too. With Nunes suspended, it's not really "shoe-horning" Hwang in as I think he deserves a start, but J-lo is right, we could potentially play him through the middle, Neto on the left and drop Fabio:

Sarabia - Cunha - Neto
Hwang
I don't see GON doing that, though.

Could have stopped here
If you’d have said I would be posting Hwang as a genuine suggestion for starting as our centre forward in the PL in 2023 after his ‘performance’ v Liverpool a year or two ago, I’d have laughed in your face (like Fabio did when Hwang slide tackled the ball out of play under no pressure). But here we are!

At least Hwang occasionally knows how to score!

If you’d have said I would be posting Hwang as a genuine suggestion for starting as our centre forward in the PL in 2023 after his ‘performance’ v Liverpool a year or two ago, I’d have laughed in your face (like Fabio did when Hwang slide tackled the ball out of play under no pressure). But here we are!

At least Hwang occasionally knows how to score!
I know what you mean. The bar has been set low. And Julen actually kinda knew how to use him so I was coming around a bit to accepting he’d stick around. See how GON uses him as time goes

He's actually not offended me for three games in a row now (if you count Rennes) which is a world record.
Had some Velcro on his boots on a couple of runs in both games. That set up for RAN chance is great skill, Vision and balance. It’s even laid on a plate for him where he can walk on to it and any decent contact on target with his right is a goal. Why do that when he can Control it 5 yards instead with his left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back