• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (A) Boxing Day build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why anyone would pretend something is a good idea when all empirical evidence suggests it isn't, each to their own.
Who said it’s a good idea?

Who said it’s a good idea?
No-one.

You reckon we should all bang the positive drum though for no reason other than "it's too early". If he makes an odd decision in game 1 or game 100 of his reign then it's odd and will be commented on, he's not bulletproof, as much as I think he's a good manager.

No, I reckon the time to hold someone accountable for a mistake is when it proves to be one.

That’ll be in roughly two hours, one way or the other.

Yes, but pompous superiority isn't a good look
That was not my intention and I apologize if I worded it poorly.

We make a lot of the way things look on paper. Too much at times, IMO.

I’ve obviously watched a different Joe Hodge. Struggling with where the out of his depth view has come from. He looks competent technically and can actually run.

Nunes in for Hodge and it’s the team I’d go with. Have to wonder what he thinks of Matheus (weird as he was standout player on pitch once we brought him on Tuesday)

Can only imagine Nunes and Boubacar are not fully fit. Glad I don’t have to watch Guedes for 90 minutes - the fact he is replaced by Hwang is not something I envisaged being happy about back in August.

At least if starting Hodge does turn out to be a flop of a decision, we have what should be impactful subs ready to replace him.

I’ve obviously watched a different Joe Hodge. Struggling with where the out of his depth view has come from. He looks competent technically and can actually run.
He’s technically tidy but physically isn’t near it for me nor does he think quick enough under pressure

The issue for me is more the lack of Nunes. We have to make that deal work

He’s technically tidy but physically isn’t near it for me nor does he think quick enough under pressure
Is speed of thought generally viewed as coachable over there?

He's fucking gash

Perhaps he thinks Nunes sits too deep to start with?

Exactly this.

I don't think he's even technically that good. Way too slow to get his body into position and move the ball quick enough to where he wants.

Off the ball he's way too square and isn't in the right position with his body to affect his next move.

I'm sure he'll get better but he's nowhere near professional level yet.

No, I reckon the time to hold someone accountable for a mistake is when it proves to be one.

That’ll be in roughly two hours, one way or the other.

DW said odd decision, not the same as a mistake.

Hodge doesn't have to score an OG or concede a penalty for it to be an odd choice, especially when we have a recent marquee signing on the bench.

Something something local lad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back