• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (H) 30/12: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawson back in defence, Doyle starts in midfield

Big game fir Doyle in there today.

Might give us a good idea of whether he’s physically ready.

Concerned by Doyle but unless he changed the shape he didn’t really have another option

Big game fir Doyle in there today.

Might give us a good idea of whether he’s physically ready.

I don't think it's so much of being 'ready' physically, he's not a child but he's small and he's not especially quick. Obviously not an impenetrable barrier to success but he's got to prove he's a good enough footballer to overcome those decencies in combatitive games and today could be one of those times.

I don't think it's so much of being 'ready' physically, he's not a child but he's small and he's not especially quick. Obviously not an impenetrable barrier to success but he's got to prove he's a good enough footballer to overcome those decencies in combatitive games and today could be one of those times.
I wasn’t implying he was a child.

More that I was concerned about his physical presence versus a combative Everton side.

That’s all.

Narrator...he isn't

It’s not even so much physical with Doyle (though I think his lack of mobility is an issue in general). From what I’ve seen of him he doesn’t protect the space behind him well at all. Hopefully it’s just him adapting to the step up from the championship.

Bit much?
Not really. If he can't show he can play and compete against a bottom half team who have their best and most physical midfielder unavailable, then how is GON ever going to trust him to start going forwards?

By all accounts he was very good for Sheff Utd, so I'm hopeful he can be a good player to help link the midfield and attack for us.

Really like the look and balance of that Everton starting 11. We need to be properly on it against Harrison & McNeil in those wide areas. Think it’s going to be a tough afternoon.

Real nice run/ ball in for hwang there, unfortunate not to get a shot off

Good effort and work from Hwang.

Surprise, surprise. Dyche has told his centre backs to rough up Hwang from the off.

For fuck sake hwang

How do we not even shoot in a 3 v 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back