• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

The Hwang one? It was used but they stated there was no clear and obvious error and didn't send Taylor to the screen to review
Plenty of stuff gets "checked", if they don't even send the ref to the monitor then IMV VAR never really got involved.

It goes back to Paddy's point about "clear and obvious" and how ridiculously that line has been interpreted by PGMOL.

Curious to me that the pen Saturday seems to have been the straw that broke the camel's back here, a case in which VAR was not used.
That camel's back was broken ages ago, there is a developing acceptance and general apathy about football in general I think. VAR, state funded clubs, rip off pricing etc etc.

The only surprise to me is that it's taken so long for the Prem to really start gouging folks from top to bottom.

Sport is business and there's no going back. Profit > All.

The only way VAR adds to the game is if it gets the vast majority of the decisions correct.

It doesn't. The V bit is fine, it's the implementation and usage that's broken.
Statistically it does.

I've wondered about that, but then sometimes we hear about some contrived reason why a decision was correct.

You are right though, I guess it's the material ones that are wrong that stick more in the memory.
A correct decision is often subjective.

This, doing away with it would be horrendous.

The referees are horrific as it is, people would be incandescent if they were left with complete control and made some of the terrible decisions.

It needs to be independent and taken off PGMOL as a whole. When the operator is better than the ref we know where the issue is.
What VAR has done is totally eradicate penalty box diving and goals that are clearly miles offside (or goals chalked off despite clearly being miles onside). Pining for those days (and you're only going back to 2019) is silly.

To misappropriate a phrase, don't hate the game, hate the playa.

You wouldn't call what Schar did on Saturday a dive?
I still happens, for sure, but they’re given on the spot less often since I think the ref knows VAR can go back and give it if necessary.

Saturday we got the reverse and VAR’s operator was too cowardly to use his eyes.

So you admit VAR is shit, but we should just accept it?

As for self-important, laughable. No name is even attached to the campaign. It's this attitude of "it's shit but shut up and accept it" which means we have the highest ticket prices and most stupid kick off times.
How dare you. 'It's shit but shut up and accept it' is the philosophy on which our entire culture is based.

The people using VAR are an utter shambles to a point it’s hard to argue against conspiracy theorists.
3 huge decisions have been wrongly awarded against Man Utd, Luton & Newcastle, could be sat on 17 points by now.
I’ve said it so many times do away with clear and obvious errors instead give the right decision. That’s all we ask for clears up grey areas.

I think Luton would have scored anyway at some point, we were shit

Newcastle is way too far out from the end of the game to say definitively what would have happened (it isn't a pen of course)

Man Utd is inarguable as it was the last kick of the game, if you assume we'd score. I don't even know who our penalty taker is post-Ruben and Raul, so... (Cunha scored one vs Celtic so maybe him, but he'd gone off by then)

I think Luton would have scored anyway at some point, we were shit

Newcastle is way too far out from the end of the game to say definitively what would have happened (it isn't a pen of course)

Man Utd is inarguable as it was the last kick of the game, if you assume we'd score. I don't even know who our penalty taker is post-Ruben and Raul, so... (Cunha scored one vs Celtic so maybe him, but he'd gone off by then)

As said of, Luton were punting a lot of aimless crosses into the box at that point.

I agree with you. And I'm trying to change that culture.
Then maybe scrap these from your manifesto.

2) VAR has made on-field refereeing weaker
4) VAR was brought in on the clear and obvious lie that it would only be used for clear and obvious errors.
6) Football was the most popular sport before VAR
7) VAR may eventually be used to bring in "time outs"/ advertising breaks, against the spirit of football

2) Well by definition it will. Because before there was no second look and now there is one. It's like saying letter writing declined when email got invented.

4) Not true.

6) So?

7) Your own wild speculation.

Hello guys,

Frankly I've been shocked at the decisions going against Wolves, I can't even imagine how frustrating it must be being a supporter.

I run a campaign hoping to put supporter pressure on the powers that be to totally scrap VAR. There are a few reasons for this:
1) VAR will always be subject to human error, just a different human not on the pitch.
2) VAR has made on-field refereeing weaker
3) VAR has killed the most precious moment of football, scoring a goal and the elation that gives fans and players.
4) VAR was brought in on the clear and obvious lie that it would only be used for clear and obvious errors.
5) VAR is being used for offsides, with no margin of error factored in even when due to frame rates we cannot be certain when ball was released
6) Football was the most popular sport before VAR
7) VAR may eventually be used to bring in "time outs"/ advertising breaks, against the spirit of football.

If you agree, feel free to follow and create a little more momentum for the campaign. https://twitter.com/FansAgainstVAR_

Good luck for the rest of the season, I hope many of you agree with the aims.
Most of this is complete shite.

But good luck with your nonsense.

Back