• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

I would also be wary of the whole "spirit of football" thing anyway; it's not as if God reached down and wrote the Laws of the Game on ancient stone tablets. There is no single spirit of football.

Sport is culture; cultures change and the sports attached to said cultures will adapt in turn.

I think VAR is ok. But so much about it should be changed.
How it's used, who uses it and when it's used.
We bring in a great bit of kit, then we issue kinked guidelines that twist its usage and make it only 33% good then we give it to fucking referees to use it, which now makes it skewed, then we limit it to only certain incidents.

It should be running for the whole of the game but not by anyone to do with refereeing.
It's there to make sure the correct decisions are made, not to NOT make the ref feel bad if he cocks it up!
If the ref misses something, a signal should be flashed to the ref to stop the game and.... whatever.
Plus reviews of offsides and penalties should take no longer than 20 seconds. If you can't tell if someone is offside in 20 seconds, leave it, play on, we're not going to be drawing fucking lines across someone's toenails.
I'm sure in this day and age an Algorithm can be developed so it comes up like Hawkeye in tennis, where the crowd gets involved in the decision.

The problem, as has been said many times over here and elsewhere, is the people using the technology. And yes I DO want to see them removed and an independent panel or whatever take control. Bad refereeing decisions are one thing but they’ve always been part and parcel of the game, but nothing makes me angrier than seeing a gaping gash of a decision upheld when it’s clearly dogshit. The word corruption gets bandied around and ridiculed every week, but it’s not a million miles off the mark. PGMOL aren’t trying to fix who wins and who loses (I don’t think anyway) but they’re certainly fortifying the wall they’ve built around themselves and making sure there is no challenge to their status. They are ignorant, power hungry, egotistical fuckheads who are ruining the game.

Celebrations? I still go mad when the ball hits the net, even if the move was miles offside to the naked eye as I tend to ball watch in attacks and I’m old and very slow. VAR hasn’t changed my celebrations but it’s definitely made me a damn sight fucking angrier. I’d like to see it used properly and I’d like to see the PGMOL get fisted to kingdom come but a Twitter petition isn’t going to make it happen. The only way people influence any sort of change is by voting with their wallets and stopping attending football matches en masse, but that will never happen either.

Then maybe scrap these from your manifesto.

2) VAR has made on-field refereeing weaker
4) VAR was brought in on the clear and obvious lie that it would only be used for clear and obvious errors.
6) Football was the most popular sport before VAR
7) VAR may eventually be used to bring in "time outs"/ advertising breaks, against the spirit of football

2) Well by definition it will. Because before there was no second look and now there is one. It's like saying letter writing declined when email got invented.

4) Not true.

6) So?

7) Your own wild speculation.
7 has already happened darling.

It hasn't, sweetheart. Not in our league anyway.

But you indulge your own fantasies, who am I to stop you.

It hasn't, sweetheart. Not in our league anyway.

But you indulge your own fantasies, who am I to stop you.
It has in your league, just not on a broadcaster like Sky yet.

Nobody mate, my cue to leave the thread. Hope VAR mugs you off forever and you obediently pay your money every season for less and less excitement.

You seem nice. Good way to win round followers.

Get tae fuck son.

Bless. Don’t forget to pick up the toys around your pram.

Arguably with Brighton we have been the most offended against by the current system. Seems we don’t want VAR gone. We strangely want correct refereeing decisions.

Last edited:
Watching Coventry v the shit and you can see why it was introduced, blatant handball in the first half and now they’ve just scored a second which VAR would have had well offside.

It has in your league, just not on a broadcaster like Sky yet.

Nobody mate, my cue to leave the thread. Hope VAR mugs you off forever and you obediently pay your money every season for less and less excitement.
bruno.png

Hmm. I am sure it is just entirely coincidence that this worthy campaign brought to our notice with such kind words and inclusive attitude appears to have been born in the one weekend since Jesus was in short trousers that Manchester United get a “dubious” penalty against them*

*stonewall, but the poor lambs seem quite upset

Prime example Gomes's winner vs Southampton - I thought it hit his hand and the goal would be ruled out therefore my celebration was marred.
Did that thought pop into your head before or after I suplexed you into the row in front? :ROFLMAO:

Hmm. I am sure it is just entirely coincidence that this worthy campaign brought to our notice with such kind words and inclusive attitude appears to have been born in the one weekend since Jesus was in short trousers that Manchester United get a “dubious” penalty against them*

*stonewall, but the poor lambs seem quite upset
I support Oxford United and the campaign has been going for years.

Some of us are not so obsessed with the league we can see VAR is against the spirit of the game and will never work.

Would you like another go?

Back