• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

My first instinct was that it was offside, the fans in the ground reacted as such and so did the Everton players. The issue is with them taking too long.

People obviously cared about offside a decade ago.
A bit like our goal against West Ham, you knew instinctively it was off, but then you have 3 or 4 minutes to prove it

Watched a few VARless games now and to me it seems the refs are more switched on and happy to make the big calls.
Not perfect as that's impossible but quite enjoyable to watch.

Strange one today without VAR, I thought the shit may have been down a man if VAR had looked at a couple of challenges on Doyle/Cunha, Bartleys was lucky.

Cunhas goal would have been VAR'd for a few minutes as it was so close to being offside

Was discussing this with Kenny last night.

I'd now move to automated offsides - we can, we know it works and we know it takes about 30 seconds and there are no arguments. If the technology breaks then go with on-field call, no arguments.

Keep it for off the ball style offences for violent conduct etc.

Bin off the rest because they can't use it properly.

They'd have contrived to fuck up their penalty call and award it had it been in operation.

Was discussing this with Kenny last night.

I'd now move to automated offsides - we can, we know it works and we know it takes about 30 seconds and there are no arguments. If the technology breaks then go with on-field call, no arguments.

Keep it for off the ball style offences for violent conduct etc.

Bin off the rest because they can't use it properly.
That’s what I’d do too. Be surprised if they do sadly

the technology breaks then go with on-field call, no arguments.
But when Var is used the officials seem to rely on it and allow things to pass knowing Var will bail them out, the same would occur with automated offsides.

But when Var is used the officials seem to rely on it and allow things to pass knowing Var will bail them out, the same would occur with automated offsides.
You're not talking about a situation that would happen very often though, it's like me saying if my remote control breaks at 9pm and all the shops are shut then I'll have to change the channels on the TV set itself as if it's 1982 until I can go out tomorrow and get a new one.

This gets said a lot but I don’t think it’s remotely true. Luton, Newscastle, Sheffield United and Fulham the refs made calls against us. They didn’t not make them. We’ve had one call go against us via VAR, and that was the second Fulham one. That was the clearest pen out of that entire list, it was the fact they overturned that one and not others was the bit that rankled

This gets said a lot but I don’t think it’s remotely true. Luton, Newscastle, Sheffield United and Fulham the refs made calls against us. They didn’t not make them. We’ve had one call go against us via VAR, and that was the second Fulham one. That was the clearest pen out of that entire list, it was the fact they overturned that one and not others was the bit that rankled
Last season prime example liverpool in the cup, I'm sure when the linesman flagged he thought var would over rule if not offside, tech not available.

Back