• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

Not seen it but VAR have just taken nearly 6 mins to find a hand ball to deny West Ham a late winner

(Winner presuming the Hammers can defend past the 96th min of course)

Sky say 5 mins. Hammers fan exaggerating on Twitter with 6...

1000015431.jpg

Well it is.

It's fucking shit at a game waiting an age for them to confirm the ref is shit but we agree with him.
So THEY are killing the game, not VAR.

VAR is just an excuse to blame for the ref's being spineless wankers.

Well it is.

It's fucking shit at a game waiting an age for them to confirm the ref is shit but we agree with him.
Apparently VAR today took SIX minutes to rule out a last minute winner.

The system is so broken, as a fan of a lower league club I'm supposed to dream of my club playing in the Premier League. All so I can pay outrageous ticket prices, and every time my team scores a goal wonder if it will disallowed for some bullshit or other.

VAR enables us to microanalyse the game in a way that could never have been intended. There is so way the offside law was designed to disallow goals over a fraction of a shoulder.

It just kills so much of the thrill and passion. What I don't get it, so many of you on this board grew up with football without VAR and fell in love with it, but now you think a return to that is impossible? Fans have totally handed over the sport to billionaires in suits.

Decisions are still wrong and we've stripped out so much of what is good in the game.

One season fighting relegation like Luton may be fun, but it soon becomes a depressing sludge season after season. Everything is designed to keep the rich, established clubs in power. VAR, 5 subs, sustainability rules, all of it is to ensure revenue security for the top six clubs. And fans have fallen for it all.

You think ref's are spineless wankers, so your solution is to have two more refs sat in a hut miles away.

Brilliant.

VAR can be fixed but at the moment they are ruining the game, from whatever angle you want to take it's made it shit to watch and enjoy.

You think ref's are spineless wankers, so your solution is to have two more refs sat in a hut miles away.

Brilliant.
They are only spineless because Howard Webb is allowing them to be. The way it's being used is wrong and allowing them all to pass the buck.

VAR can be fixed but at the moment they are ruining the game, from whatever angle you want to take it's made it shit to watch and enjoy.
I don't believe VAR can be fixed. It just provides different angles for referees to interpret laws which are subjective. But certainly agree it's made the game measurably worse for matchgoing supporters.

They are only spineless because Howard Webb is allowing them to be. The way it's being used is wrong and allowing them all to pass the buck.
I'm willing to make a bet with you, in five years, in ten years, we will be having the exact same discussion.

VAR has been going in the UK for FIVE YEARS now and it's still a farce. Because the laws of football are down to interpretation of referees and always have been. This idea you can make the sport a science is not what it was designed to be.

They just want fans to wearily accept it. We never even got to vote on whether we wanted it in the first place, it was forced on us accompanied with the odd lie like "it'll only be used for clear and obvious errors"

Rich clubs didn't want to risk missing out on a Champions League spot and they want to leave as little to chance and randomness as possible. It's the same reason five subs has come in.

I don't believe VAR can be fixed. It just provides different angles for referees to interpret laws which are subjective. But certainly agree it's made the game measurably worse for matchgoing supporters.
It can be but I don't think they will ever take the steps to do it.

We will just have to accept that instead of moaning about 1 ref ruining a game there is now a team of them and they hate their home life so do anything they can to stay at work a bit longer each week.

It can be but I don't think they will ever take the steps to do it.

We will just have to accept that instead of moaning about 1 ref ruining a game there is now a team of them and they hate their home life so do anything they can to stay at work a bit longer each week.
For me, the only way would be they can only intervene if there is actually a clear and obvious error. But what clear and obvious is means different things to different people.

Maybe a 60 second time limit would make things better, but still way worse than football without VAR.

It's the marginal offsides and the super-slow motion red cards that do it for me. Game's gone.

Clear and obvious is the bloody problem. I have no idea why you don’t see that

Clear and obvious is the bloody problem. I have no idea why you don’t see that
So you want every decision to be looked at by VAR.

Not only do I disagree with you, I reckon 90% of your own support side more with my arguments than yours.

No I want the right decision. And junior officials hiding behind clear and obvious because they don’t want to challenge incompetence by the on field ref is a huge problem.

Only this country seems to have clear and obvious. Combined with some of the worst officials on the planet.

I don’t really care what percentage you are coming out with tbh. It’s finger in the air and you know it

Back