• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

Agree, why we wait for a decision the referee should also be involved and use the pitch side monitor. Bit silly to be cutting him out of the process
That's fine as long as there is an environment where they feel they can make their own decision. That isn't the case at the moment so just adds even more time into the process before they reverse their on field decision.

That's fine as long as there is an environment where they feel they can make their own decision. That isn't the case at the moment so just adds even more time into the process before they reverse their on field decision.
Yes, but if you take final decision making away from var totally, and use them and their video evidence purely to advise the ref to go look at the incident himself with some video evidence to help him, but make the final decision himself alone, then surely the fans would be happier.
In the case of red or yellow card,?
Ref simply says to var, "i want another look at that, i am going to the screen, put the footage up" then that's what var does.
The ref is there on the pitch, in amongst it all, it has to be his decision alone.

Yes, but if you take final decision making away from var totally, and use them and their video evidence purely to advise the ref to go look at the incident himself with some video evidence to help him, but make the final decision himself alone, then surely the fans would be happier.
In the case of red or yellow card,?
Ref simply says to var, "i want another look at that, i am going to the screen, put the footage up" then that's what var does.
The ref is there on the pitch, in amongst it all, it has to be his decision alone.
All VAR is, is a different referees subjective opinion who isn't even in the stadium, using slow motion replays which manipulate the truth.

A lot of you don't seem to like or trust referees. Yet some stand by that more referees is the answer.

I miss the days grown-ups could agree a goal was "level" rather than checking that a forwards pube wasn't offside. When the laws of football were written, they didn't realise this bullshit would come along to allow the laws to be interpreted in a way impossible with the human eye.

Another poster has suggested the laws of football are easy to understand. Thats objectively not true by the way, anyone who has trained to become a referee or is a referee will tell you how complicated it can be.

You can thank Elleray for that. The laws are also written for the top level, causing huge issues lower down in the pyramid for less experienced referees.

Agree, why we wait for a decision the referee should also be involved and use the pitch side monitor. Bit silly to be cutting him out of the process
All this would cause is longer delays.

When will fans accept its just bad for the game.

All this would cause is longer delays.

When will fans accept its just bad for the game.
Would it actually cause longer delays?

And no it isn't, it's proven more helpful on enough occasions to ensure right decisions were given. I'm looking forward to VAR becoming effectively automated and no contentious in years to come, e.g. like hawk eye.

Dear fansagainstvar,
Please put me on ignore, don't reply or like my posts, in fact assume i don't exist.
I find you are an arrogant, self opinionated, rude, would be bully.
It seems once you thought you were wrong, but were only mistaken.
I joined and remained on this forum for the members that are on it, yes there are fights and rows, and if course opinionated fuckers, but we know them and love them in our own daft ways.
You sir are the equivalent to a boil on the arse, so consider yourself squeezed.
😘

Dear fansagainstvar,
Please put me on ignore, don't reply or like my posts, in fact assume i don't exist.
I find you are an arrogant, self opinionated, rude, would be bully.
It seems once you thought you were wrong, but were only mistaken.
I joined and remained on this forum for the members that are on it, yes there are fights and rows, and if course opinionated fuckers, but we know them and love them in our own daft ways.
You sir are the equivalent to a boil on the arse, so consider yourself squeezed.
😘
Hi mate,
I find it so highly bizarre you could take an active dislike of me, knowing nothing of me rather than my strong opinions on a topic related to football.
You know absolutely nothing about me, what I've gone through in my life, or who I am. To call me a bully is utterly bizarre. Especially as I essentially agreed with your post.
It's funny how the abuse I get is fine but if I ever bite back I'm an arrogant bully.
Whilst I disagree with many of you, actually making assumptions of your personalities beyond a robust discussion on an Internet forum I find completely bizarre.
I have aspergers so I guess I misread situations. Seriously weird to think I'm a bad human though, I might be unique or odd but you've never even met me.

Would it actually cause longer delays?

And no it isn't, it's proven more helpful on enough occasions to ensure right decisions were given. I'm looking forward to VAR becoming effectively automated and no contentious in years to come, e.g. like hawk eye.
To be fair if its already taking six minutes to make a decision, maybe it wouldn't. It's odd they have that "video replay station" there only to not use it.

They seemed to completely rush VAR into action, having no idea about how to implement it effectively.

Curious if you have threads like this on other forums?

What made us special?

Hi mate,
I find it so highly bizarre you could take an active dislike of me, knowing nothing of me rather than my strong opinions on a topic related to football.
You know absolutely nothing about me, what I've gone through in my life, or who I am. To call me a bully is utterly bizarre. Especially as I essentially agreed with your post.
It's funny how the abuse I get is fine but if I ever bite back I'm an arrogant bully.
Whilst I disagree with many of you, actually making assumptions of your personalities beyond a robust discussion on an Internet forum I find completely bizarre.
I have aspergers so I guess I misread situations. Seriously weird to think I'm a bad human though, I might be unique or odd but you've never even met me.
Ok, so you don't understand "ignore" how does FUCK OFF sound.

Curious if you have threads like this on other forums?

What made us special?
Not posting on any other forums.
I guess X is a public forum, but specifically football related is what I mean.
I do feel like Wolves seem to be almost uniquely hard done-by by VAR, whether that is by coincidence or design I don't know.
Even the incident against Coventry taking so long created the extra time in which Coventry scored, maybe Coventry would have come back into it anyway, but it's bizarre how often it conspires to Wolves' detriment.
Wolves have a great fan group called 'The Wolfpack' who fight for fan-related issues and as a fanbase they seemed one of the most vociferous anti-VAR fanbases (on X rather than on this forum of course)
Wolves are only of only a handful of clubs (Norwich City, Crystal Palace) who have protested VAR in stadiums as well.
The discussion on here is robust but on X you're in essentially an echo chamber with people who agree with you, I've done stuff with more mainstream publications but it is useful talking to people who think VAR could still be fixed even if I disagree.
If I saw a way VAR could be solved I'd campaign for that, but I can't see how football would be better than it was before VAR. I think VAR could be "less bad" but not as good as football as it existed for 100+ years without it.
For me football plays a big role within society, and a huge part of that is escapism from stress. Losing yourself in the moment is such a great thing about football and has been vital for me in my life, the most clinical, American-sport stat obsessed its becoming, the more I've fallen out of love with it. I'm supposed to want my team to play in the Premier League, at the moment I can't think of anything worse.
I'm very strongly opinionated on VAR, obviously. But it doesn't define who I am. I can come across as obnoxious and abrasive on an Internet forum no doubt, but I'd happily buy any of you a pint and be nice to you and discuss it calmly. I'm happy to be called a c*nt, w*nker or whatnot it doesn't bother me at all, but sometimes people resort to that because they don't want to engage in the debate any more, because even if you loathe me I have researched VAR to the nth degree.

Like I've said before, if I'm genuinely agitating people I'm more than happy to be banned, or if told how to delete my account. Its only football at the end of the day.

Another fuck up by Var today, told by pundits last few years that offside is black and white, so why the fuck did the ref have to watch it on the monitor and make a decision?

Walked out the ground today confused to fuck, didn't find out why goal wasn't allowed till I got home.

Nearly every goal scored from a corner could be disallowed ( expect those we concede directly)The system stinks.

Another fuck up by Var today, told by pundits last few years that offside is black and white, so why the fuck did the ref have to watch it on the monitor and make a decision?

Walked out the ground today confused to fuck, didn't find out why goal wasn't allowed till I got home.

Nearly every goal scored from a corner could be disallowed ( expect those we concede directly)The system stinks.
Not defending the decision in the slightest, but if the header goes in over Fabianski's head then it is offside. He is stood in an offside position as they defended without anyone on either post. It's not interfering with play though. GON's comment which I put on the verdict thread is the correct interpretation

Him being offside wasn't in question. It was whether he was interfering, which is a different decision. I have no problem with them handing that off to the on field ref.

Common sense says he's obviously not interfering, but by the letter of the law he was directly in front of him potentially blocking his view. Doesn't make the decision any more palettable, and we've seen these nonsense decisions given before.

Back