• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Parliament

There was a rumour going around at the weekend with no links etc so probably rubbish that it's Jeff that Fosun hold accountable for this year's under performance and he's likely to get the boot.

It would make sense, I find it odd that he hasn't attracted more ire from Wolves fans.

Given that he admitted to having no prior knowledge of football, he was hardly likely to come in and sack everybody and install new people immediately. That would have been madness.
At his level it's about getting the right people in the right roles and making sure they do their job effectively. You wouldn't expect or want him to have anything to do directly with the football side. It didn't go so well when Morgan decided to stick his oar in, did it?

The time to judge Jeff will be after the summer. He's had enough time now to assess the staff he's got and to make contacts in the game to advise on replacements as necessary, so I would imagine the close season will see some changes.

I don't see why Jeff Shi leaving would be a surprise. When he arrived he said he was only going to be here temporarily until Fosun find someone with more experience as a football CEO to take over full-time.

Lovely vote of confidence but I haven't written any books about 3-5-2

2 copies available on eBay,1 at £13.28,1 at £13.09 both with free postage,I checked while I was seeing if I was still highest bidder on the life I'm trying to get

I don't see why Jeff Shi leaving would be a surprise. When he arrived he said he was only going to be here temporarily until Fosun find someone with more experience as a football CEO to take over full-time.

So we're after a fulltime CEO who has experience of the Championship, has worked with Shi before and is currently available?

Shi-Moxey-1.jpg

From his wiki page..

In April 2008 he left Derby County and was appointed academy manager at Wolverhampton Wanderers, replacing Chris Evans. The club have since been on a downward spiral..

Hmm.

When was Thelwell appointed?

Isn't there a Fosun man who stays in England full time? Or have I imagined that?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Isn't there a Fosun man who stays in England full time? Or have I imagined that?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sky Sun is the other Fosun guy, whether he is here 100% of the time i don't know?

For all the criticism of Thelwell, where does Shi fit in the picture? A bloke with no prior football experience and seemingly little football knowledge, who doesn't come across particularly well and can't spend the whole year in this country. Is he the right fit?

Cortese had no experience when appointed by Southampton.

Cortese had no experience when appointed by Southampton.

But had success almost immediately, so it is less of an issue. When like Wolves you have a very poor year, the fact that Shi is inexperienced is brought more into focus.

Back