• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

First Wolves Kit/Shirt Thread

Yeah, the hex badge is pretty fucking rad and off the top of me head I can't think of another club with anything quite like it.

Best we can probably hope for is it (the city crest) getting used on a third/bonus kit or maybe as a shoulder patch. Ain't holding my breath though.

The current logo doesn’t need the team name for pretty much global recognition. It won’t change.

Regarding tops my first was the 1992 Bukta same as Langers.

Only international football top I have ever owned was a Wales one when we got to the Euros. Tons international rugby tops over the years but no interesting international football tops

This was my first one. I think it’s the Bukta one?

IMG_2024-03-23-100000.jpeg

My first ( and only) England top was an Italia ‘90 hand me down from my cousin.

I genuinely have no idea what you’re both talking about but hopefully you’re not talking the piss out of my parents.

Got given my first kit for the 1960 cup final - never had an England shirt, but I've got a nice Welsh one 😉

Plain shirt, badge bought from a local sports shop and sewn on by my mom. I was about 6 i'd guess.😄
As worn by captain James T Kirk...

Last edited:
images (2).jpeg
Early '70's had the full kit. I'd guess I was 9 or 10, thought it was great at the time 😄

Last edited:
Screenshot_20240323-200054_Chrome.jpg

Think this was mine and I hadn't realised it's been added to the retro section on the Wolves site

The Goodyear bit went a manky brown colour after a while. I may or may not have thrown a massive hissy fit

If they could bring out the 94-96 away one that would be lovely

Some are better than others.

I loved those 98 pair as originals, wouldn't touch the pale imitation retro (Puma obviously withheld full rights).

Yeah, even the Bukta ones with the full branding are not identical to the originals - the two badges aren't at the same relative height. The Puma 1996 ones are just kinda vaguely similar to the originals.

My first one was the 1979-80 shirt, like the retro one available but without the League Cup Final branding.

1711308119103.png

Then there was this for my first Wales shirt. My life it was.... snug.

1711308217397.png

Late 60s for me (incl. shorts and socks) as a little nipper.

Never had (or really wanted) an England shirt.

Attachments

• Wolves Late 60s.png
    Wolves Late 60s.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 5
Back