• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Finished 15th with Hyde, had a great run towards end of season to stay up. Bad start to following season, got sacked so starting a game with Wolves. From friendlies, liking the look of Hammill. Playing a 451 until Fletcher gets back atleast

Had a decent start to the season. Started with a 2-1 defeat at Spurs, then beat united 2-1 at home and thrashed City 3-0 away! Didn't win for four games until beating Liverpool 4-2.

Signed Andy King for £3m but he's not really done much, I've been playing Milijas just off Doyle ahead of him. Doyle has got around 6/7 goals, considering selling Fletch when Griffiths returns from his loan spell. Danny Wilson on loan is quite a good player, while Stearman has played very well next to Johnson at centre back.

I've almost stumbled upon a good formation! Attackers are free to roam, I've set it to short passing and we are playing some great attacking football. Any tips for a left back/centre back?

Don't sell Fletcher, you can sell him for massive money a few seasons in when he's scoring 15-20 a season.

Really? Thanks I'll keep him then ha! He has been pretty poor when I've used him so far.

Use him as a Trequarista (sp) and give him a few games.

Has worked for me in my second season, he has scored 10 in the league before January.

Lee Wallace is a decent option at LB, I also signed El Koutari (sp) from a French club (can't remember off the top of my head) who's only 22 and hes been brilliant.

Sign Romario from Real Madrid, he's 18 costs about three million is a right back and is shit hot. Also Carlos Fierro from Chivas is incredible and Glyfi Siggoridson sp form Hoffenhime is a very special player who will bag at least 10 goals from direct free kicks a season. A good second season cb is Van Buyten who is available on a free and makes a good partnership with RoJo. As Nando said don't sell Fletcher as he becomes hot property after two seasons.

I like the look of Carlos Fierro! ROmario is a right back at Vitoria in my game.

Fierro becomes stupidly good, signed him for Malaga but got bored of it before starting my Torquay game. I've seen some screenshots of him in the future. His partner in the youth team who's name escapes me right now is very good too.

I like the look of Carlos Fierro! ROmario is a right back at Vitoria in my game.

Real purchase him in the second season and its the only way you will be able to get a work permit for him, he has outed Kyle Walker from the right back position. Also Obasi from Hoffenhime is a beast he cost me 12million but is ace. Also if you want a cheap versatile shit hot player check out shikbala, he cost about 1.5 million and is really useful.

We've just beaten Chelsea 1-0 AET in the League Cup Final! Squad destroying Europa League here we come! We're third, one point off top, and only 5 points separate the top 6 (in fifth are Blackburn!) with 12 games to play. Away at Leeds in the sixth round of the FA Cup.

I've just finished my third season as Wolves manager - finished 7th twice and just finished 6th. Also won the FA Cup in my first season.

My squad now contains Adebayor, Collison, Martin Kelly, Kieran Gibbs, Hoillett, Diaby and a young Dutch defender call De Vrij who is incredible. Fletcher is superb but is prone to niggly injuries.

Well, we finished fifth,two points off fourth. I also got offered the GB job for the Olympics! Given £25m to spend in pre-season two. Bought Caulker, Kaboul and Hanley so far

Finished 9th in the end, plenty of money to spend on improving the squad now.

Signed Wilshere on loan for the season, Dembele and Walker for around £3m each, Friedrich for free, Izaguirre for £4m and Romario for £3.5m

Second season is going well.

First knockout stage of the Europa League, first leg is a difficult tie away to Roma, win 7-1. Dreamland.

Finished my first season with Wolves, I finished 7th, had a little blip towards the end of the season but still a respectable position, told board I'd finish mid table, so I was safe. Beat Everton in the FA Cup Final 1-0 with a goal from my new English youngster called.. Shemroy Hercules, coaches rate him at 4 and a half star potential, so I'm bringing him on for the last 20 minutes, looking to loan him out now though due to the arrival of Mexican, Carlos Fierro.

I lost on penalties to Man Utd in the Community Shield, was absolutely gutted to lose like that, but, we gave it our best shot, we did well.

So far I've played 3 games in the league, and 2 in the EURO Cup.

League games went as followed;

Spurs at home, beat them 3-2, with my goals coming from Wilfried x2, and James Rodriguez, who I also highly recommend, he's an AMC, but I play him on the left wing and he's deadly! Their games came from own goals from Berra and Fabio!
Chelsea away was the shock, completely dominated them, I walked away with a 3-0 victory! Goals from Berra, Jonas Svensson & Kites.
West Brom at home, battered them alllll game, yet Myhill kept them in it, thought I was gonna draw, got a corner in the 94th minute, up pops Berra with a bullet header to give us all 3 points!

My EURO Cup games were both against Jablonec, 1st leg I won 3-0, with goals from Jarvis x2 and Carlos Fierro, then 2nd leg I won 2-0, with goals from James Rodriguez & Wilfried.

So all in all, not a bad start to the season for us.

Made some more signings in the summer, these were just improvements, the pick of the bunch had to be a transfer listed Michael Essien, and at £4.4m, a snip, he's on £70k, which is what he was on at Chelsea so that's not too bad, other signings were;

Radja Nainggolan from Cagliari, I needed another midfield enforcer, as I felt Henry wasn't doing his job properly cause I was conceding a fair few, he's got the stats, and at 24, he'll last me a few years.
Danny Da Costa on a free from Leverkuson, just wanted backup for the right back slot, Stearman has made it his own but his backup is Foley & Zubar, neither of them do any good there unfortunately.
Bongani Khumalo from Spurs, wanted a youngish centre half who could replace Berra/Johnson for the cup matches/should they get injured.
Fabio on loan from Man Utd, left back spot has always been a beat weak for me, Ward's done a good job but wanted better, Fabio's done well when he's played.
Kevin De Bruyne from Genk, and again, more cover for the wings as Hunt is getting on a bit now.
Marc-Andre ter Stegen from Gladbach, an absolute wonder keeper! Highly recommend, he's young & quality, can only get better, for now he's only cover for Henners but will definitely be taking over soon enough.
Filippo Inzaghi on a free, signed him more to be a mentor for the younger strikers, he'll help them develop.

I highly recommend Wilfried from Vitesse, has a release clause of £2.5m, worth it, first season with Wolves, he scored 21 in 29 apps, and his value has risen to £7.75m, he's like a younger Drogba, I play him up front on my own, I use the classic tactics so doesn't play as a certain 'role'.

Last edited:
Well, after just missing out on the top four, I fucked Terry Connor off and got a new assistant, and also made several changes to eh defence, as our defensive record was the worst in the top 7. I told the board I'd get European qualification through the league and got a £28m war chest and an extra £200k/week wages. Of last season's performers - Doyle scored 14, Jarvis 10 goals 14 assists, Fletcher 12 goals, Wilfried (who only joined in January) 8 goals, Christian Erikkson (£5m in January FTW!) 12 assists and 2 goals, and 5+ goals from Griffiths, Berra, Kites, Hunt, JOH, Nedad and Zaki.

Sold Stears, Hammil, Hunt, Guedioura, Edwards, Vokes, NML, Hinkle, DDV, Elokobi. Can’t *give* SEB away :? . Raised an extra £15m through those sales.

signings:

Ochoa - Goal keeper, Mexican international: £7.5m
Stephen Caulker - one for the future, 3 stars now 4 star potential: £4m
Grant Henley – same as Caulker; couldn’t pick between them so had them both: £5m
Youness Kaboul – bit of pace at centre half, good stats: £3.5m
Stephen Warnock – Wardy not quite good enough: £1.5m
Kyle Walker – Good pacey full back; couldn’t get Romario for under £6m!: £3.2m
David Bentley – on loan ostensibly as cover for Kites

And about £6m on kids. That Mexican forward, two fabulous looking wingers and a 16 year old left back.

I haven’t really got a *best* XI at the moment, particularly as my central midfield pairing is changed depending on the opposition. Pretty settled into a 442 though, only going 451 away to the big boys.

…………….Ochoa
Walker – Kaboul – RoJo – Warnock
Bentley – O’Hara – Erikkson – Jarvo
…………..Wilfried – Fletcher

With, as a competition/back XI

……………..Hennessey
Foley – Berra – Caulker – Ward
Kites – Henry – Milijas – Spanich kid
…………..Doyle – Griffiths

Terrible fixtures to start season 2. Citeh away, Arsenal at home, Liverpool away. Only picked up one win, at Anfield, but won the next six league games, shooting us back up to fifth, 2 points off second with a game in hand.
1 win and 2 draws in Europe, with a group containing Lazio, Sparta Prague, Braga and Vitesse.

Wilf has 5 in 7, Fletch 3 in 5, Griffiths and Doyle 3 in 6, with the odd one or two from elsewhere. Bentley has 2 goals and 5 assists in his 5 games so far!

We’ve got some really talented u21s, with several more being scouted for and negotiated with. There’ll be no signings in January apart from kids, and probably none next summer too, apart from maybe a winger and a left back unless the kids develop quickly. Got 8 players out on loan at the moment, so the future is looking bright.

Just got the sack!!! Had an okay start followed by a run of five games without a win, actually really shocked!

That's harsh the season after a 9th place finish!

What I was thinking, new signings hadn't really gelled either. Just been laughed off by Malaga, was worth a try with the money they've got!

That's crazy! A victim of your own success it would seem.

Back