• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

This game I started with Telford is the first time i've played FM2011 much and i think the conversations with players is rather annoying, not mad on the new contract negotiation thing either, i think i prefer FM2010.

Most of the players I talked to were... uh... assholes.

Me: Hey man, keep up the good work. Try concentrating on your passing next practice
Them: I don't see how that would help my game. Go fuck yourself and die.
Me: ... Uhm, ok... Would you mind helping this youth player work on his shooting a bit?
Them: No, fuck him too, you cock. This conversation is over
FM11: Player is unhappy
Me: ......... :(

Most of the players I talked to were... uh... assholes.

Me: Hey man, keep up the good work. Try concentrating on your passing next practice
Them: I don't see how that would help my game. Go fuck yourself and die.
Me: ... Uhm, ok... Would you mind helping this youth player work on his shooting a bit?
Them: No, fuck him too, you cock. This conversation is over
FM11: Player is unhappy
Me: ......... :(

Haha T3ch this is hilarious...and exactly how things can go! The problem with FM11 is that until your manager has built up a decent rep the players will just tend to ignore everything you say to them!

Does anyone play Hattrick (hattrick.org). If you don't, its a highly addictive free online football manager game played in real time. I've been playing it for 5 years now, and I'm still hooked!!

CM0102 is still the best one ten years on. Not as easy now with the updates either.

Just had a look in the cupboard I have CM0102. I also have Premier League Manager 02 and Total Manager 03 haven't played them for years though.

Finished 2nd in the league in my first season at Telford, failed in the play offs.

Hopefully my summer recruitment of David Davis, Sam Winnall, Nathan Rooney and Jack Metcalf will see me go a step further this season.

Jack Metcalf has made a few appearances in my Wolves squad in 2012-2013 (league cup winners, into the semis of UEFA, totally arsing the league up from a very promising position and will probably just scrape 4th).

Anyone else had Morgan walk out of Wolves? He is about to up sticks in my game and sell out to a group of unknown businessmen. I guess my transfer budget in the summer could be either £100 million (Sheikh urbooti) or 46p (Venkys)

He left me on last years game, i got took over by some idiot with no money and lots of loans like the Glazers. They backed me well every season but it was all just adding up against the club and eventually i took it upon myself to start selling people off and buying cheaper alternatives or using promising youngsters where i could.

So far this season its 2 wins and a draw for Telford, dominating the games but its not quite happening in front of goal.

Jack Metcalf has made a few appearances in my Wolves squad in 2012-2013 (league cup winners, into the semis of UEFA, totally arsing the league up from a very promising position and will probably just scrape 4th).

Anyone else had Morgan walk out of Wolves? He is about to up sticks in my game and sell out to a group of unknown businessmen. I guess my transfer budget in the summer could be either £100 million (Sheikh urbooti) or 46p (Venkys)

Bhatti's?

you know that moment where you get lost in a game and before you know its 12:37am and your up at 6:30am.

Well here I am!

God I feel so much better now reading this - I thought I was fucked in the head until I read Del Woppios contributions.

As for old games not holding up well - I like Fifa and Pro Evo but Kick Off 2 and Player Manager were both better IMO.

FM11 pentagon challenge. Start unemployed with a Sunday League reputation and you try to win all five continental Champions Leagues(European, South American, Asian, African and North American Champions Leagues) in one save game. The ultimate geek test.

FM11 pentagon challenge. Start unemployed with a Sunday League reputation and you try to win all five continental Champions Leagues(European, South American, Asian, African and North American Champions Leagues) in one save game. The ultimate geek test.

Wow that is a challenge and a half!

How would you even go about doing that? Start a game with every league active? That would be the slowest game of FM ever.

You could just have one league from each continent (the strongest one).

Ye could do it that way i guess, on my Telford game i've got the English, Germany, Italian and Spanish leagues active so my final goal is to win all the top flight leagues and cups in those 4.

I normally load England, Scotland, Italy, Spain, Germany, Sweden and Brazil. Partly because I like globetrotting (one of my most enjoyable games ever was when I started with Bradford, the idiots sacked me in December of the first season for no real reason, and I moved to Sweden with GAIS and got them promoted and to the cup final), partly because it dramatically increases the pool of players you can sign.

I usually start a game with Wolves and only England, then when i get bored of it i've got nowhere to go. Then i end up starting a new game with more leagues that i never really get into.

I only ever load Brazil so I can take my pick of more Brazilians than are on there by default if I move to Spain or whatever (too hard to get them a work permit for England). I never manage over there, tried it once and their league structure is batshit mental.

Never manage in the MLS either, the draft system will melt your mind. I like to think that I'm quite an intelligent bloke and I know a lot about football, but as much as I tried, I couldn't get my head round it.

Back