• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Trivia questions

Michael Robinson was born in England but represented the Republic of Ireland at international level, so I doubt he will count either

How about ex-Villa tache man Kevin Richardson? Is he English or Welsh? Definitely played in the Prem for Villa and I'm sure he played abroad.

samways is one

btw - I hate these Premier League restrictions. Football didn't start with Sky, and Laurie Cunningham was the first to do this feat that I can think of, so booooooo

samways is one

btw - I hate these Premier League restrictions. Football didn't start with Sky, and Laurie Cunningham was the first to do this feat that I can think of, so booooooo

Well yes, but there's probably a fuck load more if you just say English players to have played in Spain!

I know. My point is La Liga didn't change in 1992. If you did the same question with Serie A, that didn't change in 1992 either. This artificial cut-off between pre- and post-Sky really grinds my gears.

Here's a question for Paddy then - name the 22 clubs who featured in Division 1 in 1991/92 (the last year before the Premier League was formed).

PS. I know the answer to this having had a video of this season that I watched COUNTLESS times as a kid!

Man United
Man City
Arsenal
Tottenham
Liverpool
Everton
Aston Villla
Southampton
Coventry
QPR
Wimbledon
Oldham Athletic
Nottingham Forest
Sheffield Wednesday
Norwich
Sheffield United
Notts County
West Ham United
Leeds United
Crystal Palace
Chelsea

Pondering the others - and not sure about Forest. I think they may have been promoted into the first Premier League

Last edited:
West Ham
Blackburn ? Think they beat Leicester in the play-off final in May 1991

Back