• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Trivia questions

Looks like 22 to me in the first post. Do you want to check it and see if there is an error. West Ham are suspicious to me, for some reason.

Should never have questioned Chelsea - Liverpool won their last title at Stamford Bridge in 89 or whenever it was, and I don't think they were relegated after that

What were Notts County doing in the top division as recently as 1992??? I'd forgotten all about that.

What were Notts County doing in the top division as recently as 1992??? I'd forgotten all about that.

Was Colin their manager at the time? I seem to recall Craig Short and was it a lad called Yates at the back for them adn Tommy Johnson up front.

Was Colin their manager at the time? I seem to recall Craig Short and was it a lad called Yates at the back for them adn Tommy Johnson up front.

I think so - weren't they one of the clubs he's won promotion with via the play-offs?

Did he go there from Sheffield United?

Aah it's all coming back to me now.

Didn't Craig Short and Tommy Johnson then go to Derby when they were spending ridiculous amounts of money failing to get promoted?

Aah it's all coming back to me now.

Didn't Craig Short and Tommy Johnson then go to Derby when they were spending ridiculous amounts of money failing to get promoted?

Their chairman was Lionel Pickering IIRC - gave them a shitload of money after he bought the club from Maxwell.

It's become a Rainman convention in here.

It's become a Rainman convention in here.

Yes I remember them coming to play us in a night game wondering how the fuck they were pushing for promotion and they beat us handy, 2-0 I think, had Michael Johnson (the fella who played for Blues not the runner) at the back as well.

Yes I remember them coming to play us in a night game wondering how the fuck they were pushing for promotion and they beat us handy, 2-0 I think, had Michael Johnson (the fella who played for Blues not the runner) at the back as well.
The runner would have made a great left back.That good looking bloke Jimmy Sirrel with Howard the Duck brought a new dimension to hoofball during one period at County.

I miss Deutsch Wolf doing his weekly quizzes!

Give me a few minutes and I'll do a Wolves v Forest special.

Back