• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 0-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

For 90 mins I was debating whether it’d have been more exciting to be watching BBC1.

Already had thankyou texts from my Albion and Toon mates.

I think this was a "don't loose" game for Nuno.

The contrast between how gung-ho we were against West ham and how defensive we were tonight was stark

The 3 involved did well for the goal, so credit there.

We managed to not shoot ourselves in the foot.

Woo.

Was always going to be a drag when Neto went off...in hindsight the switch to 5 did give us a lot more control and stopped Robinson raiding forward constantly, so it worked in that sense. But goodness me, our complete inability to create (disallowed goal aside) is just depressing.

Didn't enjoy that - just result in the end, but that was poor from both sides (wasn't helped by having Hoddle's inane comments)

Do I feel sorry for Fulham losing in that way - not really as don't especially care about them.
We scored, they didn't. If they want to feel bad it should be about not finishing their chances well enough and not defending our goal well enough.

Ivan was busy hugging his old mates

I think this was a "don't loose" game for Nuno.

The contrast between how gung-ho we were against West ham and how defensive we were tonight was stark

Yep. I think he knew how gung ho Fulham would be. But there is nothing to worry about now.

This bit is not on, IMO. Nuno may not be doing a great job at the moment but let's please not pretend that what we've just seen will have made him happier than we are.
I hope it hasn`t.

Piss poor game. Credit to MGW and Silva for the goal though - they made it
I think I'd like to see us stay 5 at the back and play MGW behind Fabio + Pace merchant (Traore/ Podence/ Neto)

Stick to a system that gets the best out of the players.

The game itself was boringly terrible. Passive, negative shit and the two bits of movement we made we scored from.

Nuno must do more of that.

We are what we are right now. A team low on confidence, mentally fucked and counting the games until this is done (7 to until this shite is over lads).
Oh and VAR can get in the fucking sea. A brilliant system to drain any enjoyment out of the game.

Surely worth just giving MGW and Silva a run now? Nothing to lose, Podence doesn't look fit and they both had decent cameos.

Worth a go against Sheffield United...
Yeah I agree, both did well in their cameos and Pod in particular looked totally out of it.

Yep. I think he knew how gung ho Fulham would be. But there is nothing to worry about now.
Gung ho ??? They were like kids at a disco hyped up on fizzy pop, every time we got the ball they had three round him !

That shouldn't paper over some pretty hefty cracks.

Neto's injury seemed like an invitation to surrender which we took. There were alternative options which weren't even considered (Vitinia) and alternatives (MGW, Fabio) which later won us the game in the end.

Moutinho did nothing to add to our play, set up or understanding. Main lesson tonight is be brave and trust your players.

Yeah I agree, both did well in their cameos and Pod in particular looked totally out of it.

Silva has a goal and assist in his last two games so not sure how we can't play him. Good to see Traore hitting a bit of form too.

The way this was going i would have took a draw. Adama has just made my wee :giggle: kend, yes shit game, shit performance, but three fucking points. Bye Bye Fulham. Those of you who knock Traore, well he left it late, but hes done the business. Oh and a clean sheet.

Neto going off injured and switching to 3 at the back meant we reverted to boring football. Lousy as a spectacle but more or less guarantees next season in the PL.
No MOTM both sides were poor, but I'll give the Clown of the Match Award (COMA) to David Coote, whose judgment is atrocious. Forensic adjudication by VAR was ruled out of order last season by FIFA.

That shouldn't paper over some pretty hefty cracks.

Neto's injury seemed like an invitation to surrender which we took. There were alternative options which weren't even considered (Vitinia) and alternatives (MGW, Fabio) which later won us the game in the end.

Moutinho did nothing to add to our play, set up or understanding. Main lesson tonight is be brave and trust your players.
I thought Moutinho help in midfield, sly little challenges here and there, getting a foot in. He didn't play many progressive passes but found other ways to contribute.

Neto going off injured and switching to 3 at the back meant we reverted to boring football. Lousy as a spectacle but more or less guarantees next season in the PL.
No MOTM both sides were poor, but I'll give the Clown of the Match Award (COMA) to David Coote, whose judgment is atrocious. Forensic adjudication by VAR was ruled out of order last season by FIFA.
True but in a rare moment of officialdom praise, was a good advantage played in the build up to the goal.

Just showed the goal again. Lovely weighted pass from Fabio. Hit it much like he hit his finish the other night.

Back