• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 1-1 Wolves: Boxing Day Verdict Thread

Don't think there are many (if any) on this forum that feel entitled but there are a lot on other social media that are....however there does seem to be a few that are trying to prove a point by endlessly going over the dame old stuff......round and round and round

So let us fuck it off right now. The sensible ones on here know we are doing great. And how can anyone argue otherwise.

I swear people on here don't read people's posts must be too much Christmas ale. I don't see anyone saying I'm the overall picture that we are doing badly quite the contrary. What I do see is suggestion for improvement, which is backed up by our own players (see Saiss interview)

We have done very well but we have massive ambitions as a club and if people can't accept there are areas for improvement such as breaking down teams that sit deep then perhaps they should find a safe space and go and support Man City or Liverpool.

Of course we can improve.

But this is our first PL season. Plenty seem to expect us just to ride roughshod over anyone who happens to be below us. It's ridiculous. And as I say, the matchday threads are an embarrassment. And this forum isn't even the worst for it!

Then you have people who are just plain unpleasant, which I really don't have time for.

The criticism of the match day thread is getting almost as tiresome as the “were always shit against the bottom teams” debate.

I’m rarely in the thread as I’m normally at the game but I do tend to have a look through after. Things are always going to be said OTT in there as it’s heat of the moment etc. You’re also always more likely to comment on a negative aspect as they happen way more often - poor touches, poor decisions, poor passes. Looking back at the Fulham thread the first half basically only said we struggled against Mitrovic, and Traore and MGW were poor - fair assessment.

Second half was generally positive until we conceded - cue reactionary anger. Now some of it is way OTT from the usual suspects but on the whole there was nothing that outrageous.

The criticism of the match day thread is getting almost as tiresome as the “were always shit against the bottom teams” debate.

I’m rarely in the thread as I’m normally at the game but I do tend to have a look through after. Things are always going to be said OTT in there as it’s heat of the moment etc. You’re also always more likely to comment on a negative aspect as they happen way more often - poor touches, poor decisions, poor passes. Looking back at the Fulham thread the first half basically only said we struggled against Mitrovic, and Traore and MGW were poor - fair assessment.

Second half was generally positive until we conceded - cue reactionary anger. Now some of it is way OTT from the usual suspects but on the whole there was nothing that outrageous.
You forgot to say that my OP was bang on the money [emoji6]

Kind of feels Some of this is arguing for the sake of it tbh.

We’re doing really well. Aspects of our play could improve. We’ve had some poor results against the bottom teams, and great results against the top teams. People on match day threads generally focus on what could be improved if we’re not winning and that’s completely normal.

All of those things are true. I figure people must just be pretty bored with having time off?

I’m looking forward to the spurs game though, hopeful of a performance.

I use the matchday thread quite a lot, its mostly up to date info, as for the 'we're playing shit/we're all over them' style posts, I take them with a pinch of salt. Guess the reason it seems like there's a lot of negativity is cos people are pumped up and carried away with the excitement, the verdict thread is more balanced cos people have had time to calm down and reflect

Agreed on some people being an asshole its just not needed and not welcome.

Agreed mostly its a fabulous first season back up here and I would be a fool to say otherwise.

I think in some cases the story gets mixed up. As Darlo I think it was pointed out we tend to fare worse against teams that set up to play us and this was a theme particularly in the 2nd half of last season.

If we are to improve we have to deal with those that sit, you could argue that Nuno to a degree answered that v Fulham as we were much better in the 2nd half but I still think we sometimes persist with tactics That Won't work. When we pass the ball back in an advanced area it is generally to draw players out and create space, if that doesn't happen we are aimlessly knocking the ball around at the back and wasting time.

It probably does sound hyper critical quite hard not to here I guess but I haven't seen much improvement tactically from last season in that aspect of our play and it's something we will need to crack as we get stronger.

We have no divine right to win any game against anyone but if we are to improve I woukd

Sorry was trying to type more but everything went blank lol hence the half finished sentence.

Anyway taking the match thread negativity as a separate subject an aspiring side should be constructively critical and strive to improve I believe that is already happening at our club but it's always nice to talk about it.

Merry Christmas all

Back