• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 3-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Difficult to know what to make of that. Don’t really want to dig out individuals on the basis of one game but there were two or three that looked very poor tonight. Was a game that was crying out for the subs to change the tempo and make an impact but they were a damp squib. Probably chalking that one down to GoN tbh. Initial reaction was all of the pens were clear, never expected them to be overturned and a little surprised to hear VAR was contentious.

Just felt a bit… flat in too many areas and we walked into that one. Cheap points thrown away. Scary to think about Arsenal but you sense there’d be an uplift against that kind of opposition too. There will need to be.

Positives though - Fulham never fails to be a nice ground to visit, the Battersea pub doing L Pride at £4.20 a pint, the cold wasn’t nearly as bad as expected and despite the frustrations it’s clear there is a decent team in there. Over to you GoN.

VAR making questionable decisions, but we've come to expect that now. Nobody likes it. Nobody likes refs who seem not to know the rules, or how to apply VAR properly either. But we're kinda stuck with them.

The problem is we're a bottom half team playing another bottom half team. We can't exert our will on these teams because we lack quality throughout the team. Our defence and midfield can be wretched - watch us next time we try to beat the press and see what happens. More or less reliant on Neto magic, and Hwang's current rich vein of goals. Good job there are plenty of other also-rans, jumped-up Championship teams, or Evertons, to keep us company.

I think after this weekend l I've resigned myself to not watching sport and not getting emotionally invested in it. There's no point. It just seems like whichever sport it is, it doesn't make any difference as the result is arbitrarily decided by whichever team the officials fancy that day. Once you legalise the links between the gambling industry and sport then you forfeit the pretence that you have an honest and fair competition.

It genuinely sounded like they politely said "hurray!"
It reminded me of Japanese Wrestling… something good happens they clap. Something great happens they cheer then politely clap.

Really good interview with GON on Sky.
I switched the TV off so missed it. Did he go in with both feet on the officials? If not, then he should have. In fact, he should have just punched their fucking lights out on the way down the tunnel. Then stamped on their bollocks while they lay on the ground.

This should be enough to see Twatwell binned as any sort of VAR official.

Back