• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 3-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

More contact than Lewis Cook, Rodri and all the others. I don’t blame Kilman. If you’re not a cheat, you’re not a cheat. He’s pointed it out to the ref, they haven’t acted
When was it?

I think after this weekend l I've resigned myself to not watching sport and not getting emotionally invested in it. There's no point. It just seems like whichever sport it is, it doesn't make any difference as the result is arbitrarily decided by whichever team the officials fancy that day. Once you legalise the links between the gambling industry and sport then you forfeit the pretence that you have an honest and fair competition.
Look forward to chatting after you’ve watched the Arsenal game 😉

He'll get shoved into the middle to ref some poor suckers in the Champ for a few weeks when he should be on 4th official duty until May 2045
Well he should be sacked but that never happens.

Basically Atwell interfered when he shouldn’t have but didn’t when should’ve. Don’t get me wrong we were poor tonight and could easily have lost on merit. But three times now a referee call or non call on VAR has genuinely cost in a game as they’ve been injury time decisions.

Atwell looked at that first penalty for ages before confirming it. Given what has been said by GON post game...... is it beyond the remit of Sailsbury as ref, to ask Atwell what he's looking at, and then ask to go to the screen? Does he have to wait to be sent?

Basically Atwell interfered when he shouldn’t have but didn’t when should’ve. Don’t get me wrong we were poor tonight and could easily have lost on merit. But three times now a referee call or non call on VAR has genuinely cost in a game as they’ve been injury time decisions.
It’s the inconsistency of it all. You either go to the monitor on both, or neither.

O’Neil again comes across well in the interview goes in on VAR without screaming and shouting. Interesting hearing that ref admits first one is wrong. Although he got a lot wrong tonight, I’m fairly content with him in charge. Only a small sample size Ofcourse,
But definitely some promise there.

Don’t believe in the conspiracy theorists out there, but Christ were having some rotten luck!

There is no logic behind a conspiracy, I mean why favour Luton, Sheff U and Fulham over us.

But fuck me it's getting really hard not to think logically or rationally.

What did he say?
- Vinicius should have been sent off for headbutt on Max
- Tim Ream should have been booked again for the penalty so should have been sent off
- Semedo won the ball for their penalty. Said the ref agreed he should have been sent to the screen. Doesn’t help us.
- Ref & GON disagree on the winning penalty. GON thinks it’s really soft, ref thinks there’s enough contact to overturn
- could argue that a couple of those decisions could go against us but for all 4, he said we didn’t deserve that
- said he didn’t go in there shouting or abusing people, but spoke to the referee calmly to say we’re now 6-7 points down on where we should be
- said he’s managing a big football club and it’s not ok for the clubs progression, him, the players, the fans and people’s livelihoods that these decisions keep happening
- won’t call or expect a call from Howard Webb. Wouldn’t help anyway.
- has two options. Behave the way he should & continue to be respectful, or we start making some noise. Would rather be respectful but things need to get better.
- on the game, even.
- praised the supporters.
- was “for VAR” but it’s causing more problems than good at the moment so tonight’s finally turned him and thinks we’re better without.

It’s the inconsistency of it all. You either go to the monitor on both, or neither.

O’Neil again comes across well in the interview goes in on VAR without screaming and shouting. Interesting hearing that ref admits first one is wrong. Although he got a lot wrong tonight, I’m fairly content with him in charge. Only a small sample size Ofcourse,
But definitely some promise there.

Don’t believe in the conspiracy theorists out there, but Christ were having some rotten luck!
The ref was shocking all night.

Going to the screen is pointless. Particularly if you are just going to show the man in the middle the best angles to back his original decision up 😆.
Just call it correctly and let him know in his earpiece. It shouldn't be that difficult.
If they are going to persist with VAR get ex-players in to do the reviews. The clowns they've currently got doing it are clueless

The ref was shocking all night.
O I agree.

But ultimately he doesn’t/can’t send himself to the monitor.

That being said, he’s right infront of the headbutt for example

GON makes the best point it’s affecting his reputation and the clubs potential progress.
If GON makes 5-6 howlers in 13 matches he’ll lose his job.
Unlike previous managers I get a feeling GON is very liked by the media who will back his corner.

Going to the screen is pointless. Particularly if you are just going to show the man in the middle the best angles to back his original decision up 😆.
Just call it correctly and let him know in his earpiece. It shouldn't be that difficult.
If they are going to persist with VAR get ex-players in to do the reviews. The clowns they've currently got doing it are clueless
Imagine the conspiracies behind ex players decisions.

Attwell is a Luton fan by the way, and goes to their games when he can, I wonder how that influences things. (Wouldn't have thought it would have tonight)

Speaks to the state of it that Kilman not going over like a shot horse is being explicitly called out as the reason it wasn't a red. :rolleyes:

Back