• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham (H) build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Semedo has been playing well, thats about it really

Yet we kept being told to calm down. It’s all part of the plan etc.

Shocking.

No one says this at all. It's all in the way you criticise, that's the issue. Be constructive with the criticisms and try to understand why it's not going so well or how it could get better.

Although the plan is to be more possession based in reality this isn't any different to a usual Wolves performance against a side sitting in shape. Give and goes aren't working as the control isn't good enough.

They have had more posession 51% to 49%

No one says this at all. It's all in the way you criticise, that's the issue. Be constructive with the criticisms and try to understand why it's not going so well or how it could get better.

Too slow, to many touches to much space for them

And achieved what ??

The point is we are supposedly trying to be more possession based but we have had less possession than the worst team in the league so far. Poor half.

How would you like us to criticise? Just wondering what’s acceptable?

All I can see is people commenting (fairly) on what’s being served up in front of them.

Once again we are relying on a Nuno masterclass at half time... against Fulham at home.

All I can see is people commenting (fairly) on what’s being served up in front of them.

Once again we are relying on a Nuno masterclass at half time... against Fulham at home.

So everyone is saying we’ve been crap but you still had to make that shitty comment - okay.

It seems like we need to run a bit more too. We don't look very mobile

Two team’s bereft of confidence.
Fulham have set up not to concede and we look unable to find a pass cuz there’s no space between their defence and midfield
Bright spot is Semedo who looks sharp
Gotta be a better second half

When we play into Neto or Podence behind their midfield we look like we can threaten them - it just needs to happen A LOT more often. There’s probably a bit of fear after last Sunday but we definitely need to take more risks

We got a bit better but the system is very odd. Neto and Podence seem to be wandering around doing what they like, and Donk is much further forward than Neves.

Not one of them is linking up with Raul and he is cutting a frustrated figure, surrounded by players but seemingly isolated.

Traore off for Podence/Neto would be my choice and Neto/Podence (whichever one stays on) kept over to the left cutting inside.

We got a bit better but the system is very odd. Neto and Podence seem to be wandering around doing what they like, and Donk is much further forward than Neves.

Not one of them is linking up with Raul and he is cutting a frustrated figure, surrounded by players but seemingly isolated.

Traore off for Podence/Neto would be my choice and Neto/Podence (whichever one stays on) kept over to the left cutting inside.

I’d even just play a standard 343. Let Donck hold and support neves in there, probably don’t need the changes. Neto is too deep for me

Chelsea were nil nil yesterday and ran out winners so it’s still possible

I don't think anyone has enjoyed that first half or thought we were good yet you were the one saying you were being told to calm down and that it's all part of the plan. It's been poor and i've said as much earlier, thing is when i criticise i don't criticise already thinking that if people don't agree then they are oppressing me. It's a victim mentality, criticise and back it up with reasonable thought and i'm pretty sure there would be no issue. That's not me telling you how to criticise but just giving advice on how it comes across better that way and posters then don't have to go on about cliques or whatever other bollocks gets said.

I don't think anyone has enjoyed that first half or thought we were good yet you were the one saying you were being told to calm down and that it's all part of the plan. It's been poor and i've said as much earlier, thing is when i criticise i don't criticise already thinking that if people don't agree then they are oppressing me. It's a victim mentality, criticise and back it up with reasonable thought and i'm pretty sure there would be no issue. That's not me telling you how to criticise but just giving advice on how it comes across better that way and posters then don't have to go on about cliques or whatever other bollocks gets said.
I disagree with pretty much all of this. Read back through the thread and you’ll see people criticising what they’re watching and offering their opinions on why it’s happening. We all know anyone who is vaguely critical gets looked down on when it comes to TWF. It is what it is.

Anyway, slightly better start to this half then the last one.

That was more like it. One two with Semedo/Donk creating a good opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back