• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Gerrard was still growing until really late as Johnny says plus he had to change his running style because that was causing loads of issues. He used to get injured all the time when he was young. Missed the 2002 World Cup because he knacked himself on the last day of the season in a nothing game.
One of my fav football rumours were that Gerrard's injuries whilst he was young were caused by eating too many tomatoes 🤣

Disappointing for Yerson, par for the course with Jonny I suppose, cautious optimism with Neto...maybe see him mid November?
I might be misremembering but I think Bruno said best case scenario for Neto was Jan - this'll just be him checking in to see how his recovery is progressing

I might be misremembering but I think Bruno said best case scenario for Neto was Jan - this'll just be him checking in to see how his recovery is progressing
You are. It was reported he'd had a setback which put him back to the New Year, which Lage denied and said October/November was still the target

Impossible to know as we don't know what the purpose of the appointment is. When they spoke about Jonny seeing one last year, he was cleared to train and was in the first team within about a fortnight. If it's just for a progress update then obviously that won't be the case

Last edited:
Well at least they are giving an update on injuries, it felt that under Nuno we just never did this?

Well at least they are giving an update on injuries, it felt that under Nuno we just never did this?
We did, but infrequently.

We've never been very good at it. Our comms are still shite now, we frequently don't bother announcing when we extend contracts. Of course it was obvious that we weren't signing Willian Joke but surely Vitinha was at least in the balance? We said absolutely nothing, not a word.

Oskar Buur is back here, did we say that we'd cancelled the last year of his loan? No.

No word on Jordao or Shabani in that update.

Last edited:
Donck will drop into RCB and we'll have absolutely no cover in central midfield.

I cannot wait.

Giggs had plenty of shagging hamstring related injuries as well early on. Should give Yerson the perfect excuse not to turn up for international 'friendlies'.

The way Yerson was walking around the pitch after the final whistle was encouraging at the time he got injured. Surely the surgery must be to correct a longer standing issue with his hamstrings than the injury caused this time? Perhaps something a medical should have picked up?

I think Gerrards hamstring issues were traced back to him having one leg slightly longer than the other?

I agree with Johnny, don't expect to see Neto until the new year at least.

Gutted for Yerson. Worst possible outcome.

As per other posts, with Boly & Saiss heading off to the ACON in January, that leaves us with Coady & Kilman, with presumably Donk alongside them in defence, and then no option other than to play Neves/Moutinho in central midfield for literally every game during the busiest period of the season. And if any of Coady/Kilman/Donk get injured or suspended, I've literally no idea what Bruno is supposed to do.

And to think Jeff Shi said we had a "good window". It's been a few weeks since I called him a "fucking idiot", but I'm thinking it might be about time again...

How we've been left in this situation is an abomination for an elite sports club.

And if any of Coady/Kilman/Donk get injured or suspended, I've literally no idea what Bruno is supposed to do.

Both Hoever and Marcal have played as centre-halves previously, so we're not quite completely out there, plus Jordao should be back by then to add a midfield option. We can also recall MGW in January.

Not exactly brilliant by any stretch of the imagination, but the cupboard isn't quite as bare as being suggested.

Jordao turns 23 in a couple of weeks and has played the equivalent of 10 senior games in his career.

Pretty clear that Lage sees Morgan as an attacking option rather than a deeper midfielder and he isn't playing any football in a central midfield role in the Championship.

It is very optimistic to think that either will be suitable options in the middle of the park for us at the moment. We are embarrassingly short in that position.

Back