• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Nope. Government has said all double jabbed players can have the exemption from hotel quarantine. They can quarantine at home and are allowed out to train and to play. We know our entire squad is double jabbed so Raul can play.

Elephant in the room is that it won’t be too hard to work out who hasn’t been vaccinated which is basically making their private medical choice public. That’s not a good thing.
Heard a report last week on the radio that only 35% of all Premier league players are fully vaccinated, which is very low.
One changing room apparently was taking most of its information from anti vaxxer Matt Le Tissers twitter feed

Doing nothing for the stereotype about footballers being dim.

We definitely are the only fully vaccinated squad, hence how we know Raul would be clear to play. That’s assuming he gets back in time as I have no idea when Mexico are playing.

We definitely are the only fully vaccinated squad, hence how we know Raul would be clear to play. That’s assuming he gets back in time as I have no idea when Mexico are playing.

Wolves Twitter say he will be back in time for the game

Blooming heck, think of all the baby oil hell be able to buy with that
Seriously though, he's had to use oil on his arms ever since that 'cheating bastard' Maguire wrestled him to the ground and dislocated his shoulder.

Seriously though, he's had to use oil on his arms ever since that 'cheating bastard' Maguire wrestled him to the ground and dislocated his shoulder.
Think a couple of defenders had already had a go before that didn't they? it then became the accepted way to stop him, along with taking it in turns to scythe him down.

I think the worst side for scything down Traore was Spurs, who must have pre-planned their tactic of scything alternatively until they got a yellow card for their thuggery; even Harry Kane was involved with a full-body sliding tackle.
Adama looked to referees for protection, but unfortunately this seemed beyond the capability of most PL refs at the time.

I think the worst side for scything down Traore was Spurs, who must have pre-planned their tactic of scything alternatively until they got a yellow card for their thuggery; even Harry Kane was involved with a full-body sliding tackle.
Adama looked to referees for protection, but unfortunately this seemed beyond the capability of most PL refs at the time.
Absolutely, think that's why he went through a phase of going down easier for a while

What protection are you looking for? That Spurs game you have identified resulted in 4 of their players being booked. That's all the ref can do. You can't send players off because different ones foul the same player. Spurs were dirty bastards that day, but canny dirty bastards

What protection are you looking for? That Spurs game you have identified resulted in 4 of their players being booked. That's all the ref can do. You can't send players off because different ones foul the same player. Spurs were dirty bastards that day, but canny dirty bastards
When it's so obvious what's going on from such an early stage, the yellows need to come out earlier

This is a situation that football refs. could learn from Rugby Union refs who will speak to the captain of a side in the face of repeated fouls, and tell him that the next similar infringement will bring about a punishment, in this case a red card.

Scything someone down is deliberate, dangerous play and could easily be punished with a red rather than yellow.

That's you making up your own laws though. There wasn't a red card challenge in that game. There were a number of cynical yellows none more so than Kane chasing back half the pitch to bring Adama down, but that's all they were.

The Law for dangerous play is already current, it's just a matter of interpretation by referees who are mostly reluctant to use it effectively to protect players.

That's you making up your own laws though. There wasn't a red card challenge in that game. There were a number of cynical yellows none more so than Kane chasing back half the pitch to bring Adama down, but that's all they were.
I'll take the opportunity to again advocate the use of an 'orange' card, which would have the same status as the current yellow card but also remove that player from play for 10 minutes.

I'll take the opportunity to again advocate the use of an 'orange' card, which would have the same status as the current yellow card but also remove that player from play for 10 minutes.

Absolutely not.

The idiots at PGMOL can barely interpret the rules consistently as is without giving them and/or VAR further discretion/decisions to make.

Nah, we need to stop playing with the rules and work on improving refereeing standards and simplifying the rules so interpretation is clear.

Adding in further shades of grey (is it yellow or orange) will just make the game more complex and less enjoyable imo.

Back