• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Did nothing wrong. Solid organiser of the defence. Had a chance to maybe score. It’s obviously difficult to judge a defender against utter rubbish like Andorra but he did himself no harm I felt.

Coady has quite an interesting role in the squad. It's quite unusual, really - in that, the manager clearly doesn't fancy him up against top class sides. He's happy to play him against the dregs of European football in the qualifiers, but otherwise he's there because he's good for squad moral, he's a loud voice on the training pitch and clearly he's liked by everyone.

Coady has quite an interesting role in the squad. It's quite unusual, really - in that, the manager clearly doesn't fancy him up against top class sides. He's happy to play him against the dregs of European football in the qualifiers, but otherwise he's there because he's good for squad moral, he's a loud voice on the training pitch and clearly he's liked by everyone.
I agree with this, on ability alone you wouldn't think Coady gets near starting in a back four.

Hopefully this will also become his role at Wolves

He clearly sees his dressing room influence as more important than carrying a better centre half such as a Keane

He's a reliable backup and clearly good for the squad. He's not going to stop getting picked any time soon.

He's a reliable backup and clearly good for the squad. He's not going to stop getting picked any time soon.
Not since he got invited to the "inner group" by Southgate. Isn't it literally Southgate, Kane, Maguire, Sterling + Coady that get consulted on very specific things?

I'm sure I read that somewhere. And then there was Steve Holland's comments about him after the Euro's.

Not since he got invited to the "inner group" by Southgate. Isn't it literally Southgate, Kane, Maguire, Sterling + Coady that get consulted on very specific things?

I'm sure I read that somewhere. And then there was Steve Holland's comments about him after the Euro's.
Throw Henderson into that group too

Bruno in the E&S:

"We know since the beginning that on December 20 we will miss our players to Africa Cup of Nations. That’s why I spend too much time here (at Compton) to find the best solutions. For now we have time to wait until December.”

Bruno in the E&S:

"We know since the beginning that on December 20 we will miss our players to Africa Cup of Nations. That’s why I spend too much time here (at Compton) to find the best solutions. For now we have time to wait until December.”
Who was it who kept saying that was wrong when i said it last week? ;)

But as someone else said i wonder if Liverpool etc will allow Salah and Mane to bugger off pre Christmas, there is going to be some real bellyaching!

Who was it who kept saying that was wrong when i said it last week? ;)

But as someone else said i wonder if Liverpool etc will allow Salah and Mane to bugger off pre Christmas, there is going to be some real bellyaching!
I did think it was strange for the players to just rock up 1 or 2 days before the start of a major international competition to be honest, it won't happen like that when the World Cup is on next year will it.

I'd imagine the competition has a window which starts on 20th December and clubs are obliged to release players during that window, I doubt they've got much choice in the matter however much they moan. What an even bigger fuck up the transfer window looks now eh. Arsenal and Man Utd away with no defence, great.

Apparently Liverpool have accepted it too but I would expect a lot of moaning from Klopp in his next presser!

It's an odd one, is the tournament earlier this year than normal?

Henri Camara played for us on 28 December 2003 vs Leeds. Seyi Olofinjana played for us on 1 January 2008 vs Sheff Utd (a leading contender in the "games where nothing of any note happened" stakes).

Just looked at that team vs Sheff Utd. It might be the most Mick of all Mick teams ever.

---------------------------Hennessey-------------------

Foley------------D Ward-----------Collins-----------Gray

Gibson----------Henry------------Olofinjana--------S Ward

-----------------Keogh-------------Bothroyd-----------------

Subs: Ikeme, R Edwards, Jarvis, Elliott, Eastwood.

Sheff Utd had Billy Sharp on the bench, still playing for them now nearly 14 years on.

Hennessey, Stephen Ward, Keogh and Bothroyd still playing of our lot (not much in Wayne's case). Well, Gibson isn't officially retired but other than G-Nev throwing him a bone twice, he's done nothing for much of the last few years.

Just looked at that team vs Sheff Utd. It might be the most Mick of all Mick teams ever.

---------------------------Hennessey-------------------

Foley------------D Ward-----------Collins-----------Gray

Gibson----------Henry------------Olofinjana--------S Ward

-----------------Keogh-------------Bothroyd-----------------

Subs: Ikeme, R Edwards, Jarvis, Elliott, Eastwood.

Sheff Utd had Billy Sharp on the bench, still playing for them now nearly 14 years on.

Hennessey, Stephen Ward, Keogh and Bothroyd still playing of our lot (not much in Wayne's case). Well, Gibson isn't officially retired but other than G-Nev throwing him a bone twice, he's done nothing for much of the last few years.
Wow, seems like an age ago now. I liked Mick, helped bring back my love for Wolves.

Back