• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

They said on the Talking Wolves Podcast that Saiss and Boly will be leaving for the ACON on the 20th of December, is that right? If it is seriously fucks us for Christmas period, as obviously we can't sign anyone until the 1st (not that I'm overly confident we will be speedy with it anyway.)
No. They miss 2 games or 3 if they make the final. First game isn't until Jan 9th

I'm sure it's more than that TT. I think the minimum is three games and seven if they reach the final (inc 2 cup games). They meet up quite a while before the first game although I'm sure we will try and negotiate a later release.

I'm sure it's more than that TT. I think the minimum is three games and seven if they reach the final (inc 2 cup games). They meet up quite a while before the first game although I'm sure we will try and negotiate a later release.
I wish someone could definitively answer this, I can't find it anywhere reliable online and keep seeing different people saying different things.

I've excluded the cup, it's 2 and a maximum of 3 league.

It's too early for that level of info, you wouldn't have World Cup squads and dates for setting up camp announced in March.

Premier League clubs aren’t going to release players for Afcon before the Christmas games. Not going to happen.

It's too early for that level of info, you wouldn't have World Cup squads and dates for setting up camp announced in March.

Really? I'd have thought that sort of thing would have been organised long in advance. But the fact we can't find anything suggests you're right.

Premier League clubs aren’t going to release players for Afcon before the Christmas games. Not going to happen.
I agree, thus my surprise at them talking about it with such certainty.

Of all the Wolves podcasts i think that one is probably the best (Talking Wolves)

If it were true then Salah and Mane being out for all of Liverpool's Xmas fixtures would have been plastered all over the media. Klopp would bring it up in every press conference and the PL would be leaning heavily on the African Federation to not have to release them pre New Year.

It isn't.

If it were true then Salah and Mane being out for all of Liverpool's Xmas fixtures would have been plastered all over the media. Klopp would bring it up in every press conference and the PL would be leaning heavily on the African Federation to not have to release them pre New Year.

It isn't.
I agree.

Really? I'd have thought that sort of thing would have been organised long in advance. But the fact we can't find anything suggests you're right.
I'd imagine countries have provisionally booked places to stay and train but until you've selected your squad and spoke to respective players' clubs then you're not going to set anything in stone are you?

Back