• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Good for him. Arguably our player of the season so far. He's definitely gone up a level, that's for sure.
Indeed. And to think some of the big wigs on this forum had written him off as a tugboat last season...

(Please see my signature)

I think Nuno had largely given up on him so this has been a new lease of life for him. He's been excellent other than the Brentford game when no-one played well.
Agree with this.

He looks to have bulked up slightly since last season, as well. To say he’s been a pleasant surprise would be severely understating things, IMO. He’s been magnificent.

Definitely proved me wrong. I thought he was a good (not great) defender but limited with the ball. Thought he'd have an upper Champ/lower Prem Ryan Bennett level career. So far this season he's been dominant defensively (apart from the obvious Brentford fuck up) and has used the ball really well. Personally I'd be picking Neves as a POTS so far but Max is a close second.

The next test for him will be when Bruno makes the obvious switch to 4 at the back. It obviously depends on who we sign to partner him but based on what we've seen of him this season I'd back him to shine.

Him and Mosquera could potentially form an effective 2 at some point in the future. Could dovetail quite nicely with max as the LCB and Mosqura as the RCB. Of course it's a huge if based on Max's ability to play in a 2 and whether Mosquera is actually any good or not.

I might buy it to stick it on the wall at my cricket club,

For those who like reliving the highlights this is great.

I don't know how people pay for seats that far down and in the corner.

I've bought the canvas.. Need to work on the conversation with what could well soon be my ex wife

Sneak it in like I did with my Coady one from the promotion season. When she eventually queries it just say you’ve always had it..

I might buy it to stick it on the wall at my cricket club,

For those who like reliving the highlights this is great.

People putting their kids front and center of these kinds of vlogs is... Well, I hope the whole thing is the kid's own idea, I'll just say that.

Also, it really drives me bananas how many clubs seem to share the same songs. I didn't realize Villa had their own Hi Ho Silver Lining thing. Just feels wrong.

Video is adorable though.

EDIT: And now John McGinn's song is the same as Neves'!

Last edited:
People putting their kids front and center of these kinds of vlogs is... Well, I hope the whole thing is the kid's own idea, I'll just say that.

Also, it really drives me bananas how many clubs seem to share the same songs. I didn't realize Villa had their own Hi Ho Silver Lining thing. Just feels wrong.

Video is adorable though.

EDIT: And now John McGinn's song is the same as Neves'!
You'll be very disappointed if you think any of our songs are originally created by Wolves fans Alan

Those were the days is pretty much the only one which is

You'll be very disappointed if you think any of our songs are originally created by Wolves fans Alan

Those were the days is pretty much the only one which is
Nah, I'm not so deluded. And I do get that there are really only so many tunes to go around.

Just seems so incongruous to me; football is such a tribal phenomenon over there that it genuinely surprises me that, for example, Liverpool and Celtic supporters are perfectly fine with both using You'll Never Walk Alone in pretty much exactly the same way.

To be honest, I think that "sharing" of songs is perhaps the biggest thing that stops me being interested in participating in it myself.

EDIT: I should be clear that I don't mean to speak ill of the singing, if people enjoy it (and clearly they do), then by all means, they should continue. I think I'm just publicly unpacking my feelings about the subject.

Last edited:
Depends on how you view the word sharing. YNWA is a Liverpool song that Celtic copied. In the 80's a lot of fans sang it, but to a different beat, including Wolves. A lot of songs originate from Liverpool and Utd at least in the UK, and other teams copy Si Senor and Alez Alez, Alez being obvious recent ones

YNWA is a Liverpool song that Celtic copied. In the 80's a lot of fans sang it, but to a different beat, including Wolves.
I wonder what Rodgers and Hammerstein would have thought :)

Back