• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

My dad would say that you deserve it for trusting the French with a car.

Better than trusting the Yanks with a car? ;)

Funny you should mention the French, they're a big part of why British and American English is different...

My dad has been a Japanese car guy since Toyota first released the Corolla out here. He might actually disdain GM/Ford/Chrysler more than he dislikes the Frenchies.

Also on older motorcycles, covering the stanchion part of the forks, guessing you probably get them on some off road bicycles now too.
BTW, loving the tangents this thread has gone off.....even better if its irritating some people

Last edited:
British forces were still using them in the Falklands war, and due to the amount of trench foot casualties the MOD decided high leg boots with a stitched in/sealed tongue were the way forward, lots of troops stole Argentinian boots off prisoners and casualties because they were way superior.

I have a couple. Perfect for stopping the wind getting in.

Puttees (strips of cloth wrapped around the lower leg - ankle to knee) date back and were commonly worn by the military up until WW2.
Ah yes, that stirs a memory.....haven't seen it used in the context of hiking gaiters though....I suppose (ex) squaddies would use that term of course.

Kids have received what I assume are Xmas presents in the post from Wolves today. Very nice of them, but I really hope the club aren’t prioritising season ticket holder freebies over member freebies ;)

Kids have received what I assume are Xmas presents in the post from Wolves today. Very nice of them, but I really hope the club aren’t prioritising season ticket holder freebies over member freebies ;)
Yeah Cass got hers as well. Decent little surprise that was.

Back