• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Ruddy, Trincao and Marcal can get in the the sea though obviously. Around 150k a week there if some of the wage websites are to be believed.
Depressingly those end 3 are probably on like 200k between them.

Chuck in another 100k p/w on Boly and Traore and that brings that’s another £5m saved plus transfer fees.

Still have no idea how the wage bill is up 50% anyway. Makes no sense

Depressingly those end 3 are probably on like 200k between them.

Chuck in another 100k p/w on Boly and Traore and that brings that’s another £5m saved plus transfer fees.

Still have no idea how the wage bill is up 50% anyway. Makes no sense
I agree. It all looks a bit strange.

Even if the pay off for Nuno and staff is in there the increase seems very high

I can't make it makes sense even with £10m for Nuno and double bubble on bonuses tbh. The transfer activity probably led to an increase of about £7m per year, there was no significant contract extensions. Maybe some weird loyalty bonus shenanigans with doc and jota?

Whatever way you look at it, it's a huge fucking rise

Semedo out for another 4-8 weeks with hammy. Villa game is best case

Losing Semedo will be a huge blow, need Jonny to come back strong. Hoever is nowhere near ready for a prolonged run at this level. Not a Marçal fan at all but at least he's fairly solid, Hoever is a clear weakness whenever he plays.

I think the most telling entry in Wolves latest annual accounts is from the cash flow statement which showed Wolves received net cash of around £8 million. Not a lot of extra money to spend.

Paying interest of over 7% in 2021 compared to 4.5% in 2020.
This is the most puzzling to me, are we that hard up that we need to borrow against money coming in in the short term?

And if we are why did we agree to such staggered payments from Spurs and Liverpool anyway?

So probably made about £40m or so profit if flattened to a normal year. I'd be interested to know where we stand on the Nuno money as well. Normally you don't have to pay up beyond the period of the manager getting a new job, so should only owe him a couple of months salary. Wonder if that sits as a payment or a provision?

Back