• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Why is some of that twitter thread referencing wolves fc (1990) and then that gough bloke is a director of wolves (1986)?
and what’s going on with the wolf head missing off the badge on Facebook this morning?

Can't answer the first but the wolfs head is to do with world wildlife day, all sports clubs who use animals remove them to remind everyone what the world would look like without them

Why is some of that twitter thread referencing wolves fc (1990) and then that gough bloke is a director of wolves (1986)?
and what’s going on with the wolf head missing off the badge on Facebook this morning?
The Wolverhampton Wanderers 1986 Ltd is below the 1990 company in the Group Structure.

...on the basis that £70m of league distributions higher than the previous curtailed season.
Yeah, I saw that. So Wolves have projected a £19 million loss due to the impact of Covid (matchday income, ticket sales, stadium tours, museum, hospitality, sponsorship etc), but got the rebate of PL broadcast money to make the accounts look healthier than they realistically are.

Hopefully from next year they'll even out and we'll see some sort of 'normal' accounts. I don't claim to know too much about all this stuff, though.

So the accounts are far less healthy than was imagined, yet there was still an 18million profit?

Could the uplift in wages be to do with loyalty bonuses / payments to Neves, Raul etc?

So the accounts are far less healthy than was imagined, yet there was still an 18million profit?

Yes - If you take off £50m of income deferred from the 2020 season, add on £20m of gate receipts etc that we didn't get due to covid and £60m of profit on player sales the result would have been....

A loss of £72m

Could the uplift in wages be to do with loyalty bonuses / payments to Neves, Raul etc?
Apart from TT's Nuno compensation take on it, the accounts only mention contractual terms exercised on competing in the Premier League.

Another thing to add is that at October 2021, there were profits on player sales for this financial year of £14m. I'd imagine any deal for Adama Traore will be completed (or not as the case may be)after the May 2022 year end.

Do we know what the situation is with other clubs yet?

Everton had a massive loss. Villa made a loss too I think. Their covid impairment was certainly higher.

Do we know what the situation is with other clubs yet?
Chelsea as a massive topic today are in the red once again. According to sources Abramovich has been covering large debts again via his investment company.

Everton had a massive loss. Villa made a loss too I think. Their covid impairment was certainly higher.
Unforutanately City have bailed them out handing them £100m. Accounts suggest they’d have been desperate to sell so not sure how City got their pants pulled down.

Everton may be staying at Goodison Park a little longer according to Sky Sports News, they have Russian money building the ground I thinik I heard..

Unforutanately City have bailed them out handing them £100m. Accounts suggest they’d have been desperate to sell so not sure how City got their pants pulled down.

It was a release fee of £100m rather than Villa/City valuing him at that price

I know. It was up to them to decide how much they wanted him. Doesn't mean they valued him at that and it was grossly above his actual value

Need Swiss Ramble to go through the acounts to make it a little more understandable and readable, also compares it well to other clubs.

Over £5m/year in loan interest is mental and not sure how we’ve increased the wage bill by 50%.

Suggests that the rumours of players being released for the “reset” is certainly true. Moutinho, Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal and fucking Trincao off will save around £18m a year.

Need Swiss Ramble to go through the acounts to make it a little more understandable and readable, also compares it well to other clubs.

Over £5m/year in loan interest is mental and not sure how we’ve increased the wage bill by 50%.

Suggests that the rumours of players being released for the “reset” is certainly true. Moutinho, Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal and fucking Trincao off will save around £18m a year.
Paying interest of over 7% in 2021 compared to 4.5% in 2020.

It does, the concern is replacing the quality of Moutinho and Saiss won't come cheap, or it will be a gamble with cheaper youth.

Ruddy, Trincao and Marcal can get in the the sea though obviously. Around 150k a week there if some of the wage websites are to be believed.

Back