• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

What are the chances that Cundle has a future in the first team here ? I missed the Spurs game so no idea if he actually looked up to it or if it was a case of fans wanting a local lad to do well so over egging his performance slightly. Also not seen enough of the 23s when he's played so got no idea about him really.
He’s decent. I thought he’d be overawed physically and for the first 30 minutes he was. But once he got to the pace of the game he coped admirably. He didn’t waste a pass and made some very good forward passes. One of which was the Raul chance, superbly defended by Ben Davies.

He’s always been tidy at U23 level and shown in the last year he’s far too good, frustratingly so as he’s making passes and runs that players should recocgnise and they weren’t.

He’s very similar in physical profile to a Moutinho and moves very similarly, reading the game much better than I thought he would when he stepped up. I wanted to see him loaned out but understand now why he wasn’t.

If he can continue in that vein we have a very good player who would operate as an 8. I’d like to see him with more game time, but to do that Bruno has to change his mindset back to the Spurs game.

Huge rise in costs somewhere. Has anyone got a link to the accounts?

The accounts aren't uploaded on the credit system I have access to. Looking quickly at last years figures and the tweets, wages are up by £44m offsetting the increase in revenue due to skewed seasons.

Interesting that they've wiped off the £126m loan.

I wonder, balance sheets showing healthy profit, no outstanding debt, a top 10 Premier league team pushing for Europe.

The sceptic in me is saying that we are up for sale

The accounts aren't uploaded on the credit system I have access to. Looking quickly at last years figures and the tweets, wages are up by £44m offsetting the increase in revenue due to skewed seasons.
Did we ask players to defer salary during Covid do you think?

There is a link to the full accounts on the OS. Doesn't work on my phone, but that could be software related

Not that we will, but does this technically mean we have even more room to spend than before?

So the headlines are, Fosun have written off £128m and already have fans on social media describing it as an “incredible gesture”, and as a club we made about £20m profit during a global pandemic.

That’s how I’ve read it.

So the headlines are, Fosun have written off £128m and already have fans on social media describing it as an “incredible gesture”, and as a club we made about £20m profit during a global pandemic.

That’s how I’ve read it.
It doesn't mean anything as long as we don't go down, they'll still get it back if they sell

Still not seen the accounts but what is in the headline figures are a bit worrying.

We'll get an increase in income of about £15m for gates and matchday in 2021/22.
A loss of Euro football/TV/ skewed season money in 2021/2022.

So looking at the 2019 figures - Add on a possible £10-15m in increased revenue to £187m

Operating Expenses in 2021 of £231m (£221m if Nuno and his gang leaving cost £10m)

That means that we have to sell players to a book profit of £34m each season to break even if player amortisations stay the same.

Last edited:

That’s how I’ve read it.
...on the basis that £70m of league distributions higher than the previous curtailed season.

Nuno and staffs pay offs were rumoured to be £10m so presumably that's an element of it, but I'd have thought that could be mitigated by him getting a job so quickly. Perhaps it's in there as a provision?

Yes I hadn't thought of Nuno and his staff leaving.

There is a £9m impairment provision on the amortisation of a player/s.

That will be the club writing off its investment in Fabio more quickly. ;)

Not that we will, but does this technically mean we have even more room to spend than before?

No not necessarily. If I'm honest I thought that the results for 2021 would be far better than this.

We are carrying £300m of player registration fees (net value of £160m). These will eat into the accounts for the next couple of years at about £60-£70m per season. As mentioned above we will need player sale profits of £30 odd million per season to break even.

From a FFP point of view there is plenty of room to spend if Fosun want to put the cash in. If they are looking for us to break even cash wise then probably not.

Back