• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

So would the Watkins past the post miss and the Coady off the line against Leeds before they scored count?

By the way, I'm not knocking Sa and will continue to eat humble pie in saying that he was a downgrade on Patricio.
I think so yes

The save against Cash was massive and obviously the one against Watkins 1 v 1 was too. Those two saved us points without doubt and that isn’t the first time. We were comfortably the better team but have still needed our GK to bail us out to an extent.

Without wanting to go all stats nerds (I’m not clever enough). For keepers post shot expected goals is a bit better to see how they are performing.

His 36.7 still makes him worth about 10 goals stopped this season which is still really impressive. Some of that is luck in some senses of course but also his good form. It’s not sustainable though. So hopefully people aren’t harsh on him when in all likelihood he doesn’t quite achieve the same next season!

The Cash save is so underappreciated I think and probably depends on where you sit [no not with your opinion of him, in the ground I mean ;) ]. His speed off the line to get as close to Cash as he did and at the same time keeping his silhouette full size was brilliant.
If that’s Rui he stays on his line, Cash takes a touch and probably smashes it in. No one blames Rui but we lose the points.

If that’s Rui he stays on his line, Cash takes a touch and probably smashes it in. No one blames Rui but we lose the points.
Then to flip it, the Leeds 2nd goal is probably saved by Rui as he hasn't gone on a double mad dash and is in position.

Absolutely love Sa he is better than I thought and I was one of those in favour of his signing as well. You just have to accept he will do things that are not totally normal at times. Leeds game apart, when he does go off he is the calmest person in the Stadium and generally deals with the situations.

Then to flip it, the Leeds 2nd goal is probably saved by Rui as he hasn't gone on a double mad dash and is in position.

Absolutely love Sa he is better than I thought and I was one of those in favour of his signing as well. You just have to accept he will do things that are not totally normal at times. Leeds game apart, when he does go off he is the calmest person in the Stadium and generally deals with the situations.
Nah they scored the first attempt before it hit the bar.

The Cash save is so underappreciated I think and probably depends on where you sit [no not with your opinion of him, in the ground I mean ;) ]. His speed off the line to get as close to Cash as he did and at the same time keeping his silhouette full size was brilliant.
Agreed, when he first started coming for that i thought "what are you doing, stay on your line" but the presence of Sa seemed to totally put Cash off his effort.

Perhaps the sight of him just puts them off their shot. He's pretty scary looking, and they've probably seen pictures of his dogs.

Reminded me of peak Schmeichel
The amount of saves big Pete made just by making himself big and the ball hitting him was huge. The star jump save on his forearm always springs to mind - had a vcr of his United career back in the day. Loved it

Back