• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Like Podence last year he probably should have had the op a month or so earlier
That one made no sense at all. Out for 6 weeks, came back in a dead season and was rubbish for 4 weeks so then had the op and as a result wasn’t fit for the start of this one.

Few snippets from this evening, nothing particularly special.

The Bruno - Jonny bust up happened, and Bruno took Jonny to one side in private on the training field and basically bollocked him where everyone could obviously hear.

The mood has been pretty shit amongst the group after the Newcastle/Burnley/Brighton debacles.

It’s all pretty much assumed Neves is leaving, even if there hasn’t actually been anything done/said, everyone is expecting it to happen.

Moutinho has been offered a deal, no one else out of the out of contract players is expected to be retained.

Jeff sat in the box behind me today. First time he’s been there, has a big security guy with him - can only assume he running scared of charging a shed load more for garbage football. Didn’t look remotely interested all match.

Jeff sat in the box behind me today. First time he’s been there, has a big security guy with him - can only assume he running scared of charging a shed load more for garbage football. Didn’t look remotely interested all match.
How can someone "look interested"? Hand on their chin as they watch?

Or are you saying he was on his phone all match?

The Bruno - Jonny bust up happened, and Bruno took Jonny to one side in private on the training field and basically bollocked him where everyone could obviously hear.

The mood has been pretty shit amongst the group after the Newcastle/Burnley/Brighton debacles.

It’s all pretty much assumed Neves is leaving, even if there hasn’t actually been anything done/said, everyone is expecting it to happen.

Moutinho has been offered a deal, no one else out of the out of contract players is expected to be retained.
Jonny's performances have gone from excellent to "can't be arsed" very quickly, and that is very out of character for him. It adds weight to the bollocking rumour.

But it's a shit way for him to react to it!

A couple of people I DM'd at the time will confirm that I was told Jonny was being shopped a couple of months ago

A couple of people I DM'd at the time will confirm that I was told Jonny was being shopped a couple of months ago
Guess there isn’t room for two RBs in their late twenties on big money in a small squad.

Shame though.

Jonny's performances have gone from excellent to "can't be arsed" very quickly, and that is very out of character for him. It adds weight to the bollocking rumour.

But it's a shit way for him to react to it!
We know Lage just blames players whenever we lose. I'm not surprised they get pissed off. Especially as he's a total nobody.

Just home and this thread has capped off a great night. Hyperbole filter on, Jonny came back and was very strong, above expectations, a player we’re surely all pleased to have in the squad and one would imagine liked and respected in the changing room. So, great news that in return he’s been bollocked by the supply teacher in front of class for fidgeting during a lesson.

He really is here into next season isn’t he? Overseeing a sorry dismantling of a squad I loved for god knows what before he’s booted out by our even worse CEO. Oh well, have my £1400 for my family season tickets and the lifelong devotion of my kids I’ve carefully made sure sit through every minute of every sorry performance of late to learn to support all the way. Never boo the players or the managers. But have it be known I’m doing this for their great great grandparents and the rest of us mugs that have followed, and despite the twats at the helm today and what they are doing.

'Jonny came back and was very strong, above expectations,'
You're entitled to your opinion Mel Evo, but I disagree. I thought Jonny was poor for most of the match.

'Jonny came back and was very strong, above expectations,'
You're entitled to your opinion Mel Evo, but I disagree. I thought Jonny was poor for most of the match.
I think he was referring to his general form after he returned from injury, rather than his performance last night.

Thanks EP - quite right. Also thanks to Dino as that was a very polite way of calling me out for a pretty ludicrous opinion, if I'd held it!

We were supposed to be in the "Ohio Cup" this summer (as were Newcastle) but it's been cancelled with pretty much no expectation. So need to sort out new friendlies. We're apparently hoping to still go to America and play some MLS sides but I'm not sure that's a great plan given their season will still be under way.

Back